I'll try and keep this short.

FG turbo motor and ECU from a wrecked car now in a GQ Patrol. Its not my car but a friends that was getting stuffed around. I finished off the wiring and then discovered the PCM was flashed with a FG N/A 5 speed strategy but with the PATS disabled... I changed some wiring and got it to run. But been the wrong strategy the fans were always on (TCM over temp as it wasn't there) etc. So I got him to take the PCM back to who he got it flashed the first time and he wouldn't load a FG Turbo Manual tune onto it for whatever reason (I wasn't there) and insisted for the conversion to work it had to be a auto tune with PATS disabled.
Now the engine barely runs with whatever strategy he's put into it now. I haven't been to the car to connect to it with Forscan and see what the PCM is loaded with yet.

I'm sick of been messed around by this guy so I was going to flash the car myself. Now my question is what's the best process for flashing a standard manual FG Turbo tune onto the PCM. If I license the tune in the PCM currently id have to license it again to flash the stock manual tune with PATS disabled back in is this correct?

I also have Ford IDS so could I flash the current PCM back to a stock FG Turbo Manual Strategy with that first and then license it to avoid doing it twice?

Thanks