Thread: Pig Rich into boost

Pig Rich into boost

Working from mobile and will upload tune and log later. My 2011 Sierra 6.2, D1SC- goes pig rich into boost, as in breaking .5-1 PSI. Wideband goes to 8.XX to 9.2, and then comes into commanded, and will go pig rich again.

I had the opposite problem before doing the speed density patch and changing supercharger to "fitted" where it was leaning out as I was building boost.
    Hawk

Log ("funky afr") and tune attached. As an experiment, I went to supercharger "not fitted" but retained speed density patch and went back to stock fuel pump values vs the CTSV values I had in the tune. Didn't make a whole lot of difference. The pull before (long, uphill interstate on ramp) I was able to keep it around .5-1 psi on my gauge and the wideband read 8.12-9.52 the entire pull, but didn't get my laptop up in time to log. I did pull a snippet from a log the other day, "another pull".

Funky AFR.hpl
    SC NotFitted Fuel VTT+50 VVT NBO2 Procharger Base Idle Tuned4 Stock smoothed MAF 34 VVE Reset20 .hpt
    Another pull.hpl

Truck is a mild forged piston build. 6.2L with D1SC/3.7" pulley, ID1000 injectors, Comp VVT Cam 210/224 with 114 LSA, Speed engineering 1 3/4 LT's/ORY into MBRP 3.5" exhaust.
    Hawk

Senior Tuner
    Be warned... I've had issues enabling "supercharger fitted"

It will develop a random huge hiccup that looks like a bug in the ECM or something. Airflow and timing have a random huge spike like the VVE error issue.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Appreciate the insight, Alvin. Since disabling "supercharger fitted" it has gotten MUCH better over the last few revisions so now it's more when I go from cruising to standing on it initially, and getting into higher HZ that I haven't tuned but added airflow to make it rich when I sneak up on them.

In your experience, is it a 'double dipping' bug when both the SD patch and SC fitted are enabled, or just doing SC Fitted period?

Interestingly, with my stock injectors I had no issues pre-rebuild. With the ID's, it was going lean as I built more boost until I did the SD patch.
    Hawk