Thread: Switch on the fly tuning concept working on 2006 5.9

Potential Tuner

Switch on the fly tuning concept working on 2006 5.9

First time posting but been on here a while reading threw everything and learning. I almost made the switch to efi live just for the sake of SOTF tuning for making small changes without waiting for the 6 min flash time. I ordered the AEM pot switch 30-2056. wired it into the baro sensor on the intake and starting figuring it out. im using the air density tables to control rail pressure , duration , total fuel quantity and timing. came across a few issues but sorted threw them. if anyone wants any info let me know. ill post up the logs and tune file for you to take a look at. this was just for proof on concept and finding the limiters and protection modes based on air density in the ecm. truck is a 2006 g56 , s363sxe and DDP 50hp injectors and supporting mods
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    Old news, that?s how optimal welding has been doing it for a long time on their tunes and has been discussed here on the forums before.

Potential Tuner
    I understand he has been doing it for a while. from what i have found there has only been 1 thread about it and nothing about anyone actually trying it, posting logs or files of it working. figured it might help someone out

Banned
    It?s stuff beyond most on the forums, honestly. Lots can?t even spell tuning correctly but jump into a platform like HPT because they can do a better job and cheaper than the people that have spent spent years and years doing it then immediately get lost in what they see as soon as they open up a tune file for the first time. It?s not to put anyone down but it?s a reality. Never been something worth going through to break down all the fine details. Reality is though, just like on the crankcase pressure sensor method on the 6.7?s that gets used on EZ Lynk, it messes with a bunch of stuff in the control logic of a multitude of things within the programming that you got to cheat around to get it change operating modes for the different power levels and the different operating modes actually have different operating characteristics programmed in for different purposes that are still in there trying to do their thing even though you try to cheat around it through manipulating tables and stuff