Thread: 09 Silverado 4x4 Truck Norris Cam and Springs

Tuner in Training

09 Silverado 4x4 Truck Norris Cam and Springs

I am getting Closer to figuring this out .

MY orignal tuner completely screwed the pooch So I got a copy of a similar trucks tune and made minor edits. I Have an issue that drops codes ranging from ones I know of and new ones from Brake booster and up down shift switch which have me leaning toward vacuum issues.

I finally got it to happen on datalogged run. you can see at the end where power was reduced. Looks Like my main issue to me is too rich and O2 is error me into reduced power . Am I correct ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Reduced power is typically caused by a problem with the ETC. GMs way of protecting against a run away throttle.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Reduced power is typically caused by a problem with the ETC. GMs way of protecting against a run away throttle.
    you are probably right it seems to be me having to run rpms up to get to shift . when its warm usually .

I couldn't find a stock version of your tune. Do you happen to have it?

Whenever there is an issue like this, I like to work backwards towards stock until the issue goes away.

Senior Tuner
    It shoudl have a new code pop up when it does that. Let us know what that code is.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    It shoudl have a new code pop up when it does that. Let us know what that code is.
    No I do not have a copy of stock tune unfortunately as I paid a "Professional" to tune it for me . As you can see he failed ! So here I am .

It did pop codes this morning on the way to work unfortunately I had to clear them asap to get off side of highway in dark wet cold morning. I will try to get it to throw codes again today.

mostly maf circuit and lost connection with remote sensor.

Changed Trans Scheduling an that helped a good bit as the throttle was set so high I could never get out of 4th. still shut off just not as easily . It would idle and accelerate smooth as butter then not .there seems to be a hole around 1500rpms where it would sputter then it would see to catch up and just jump to 2000 rpms.

Leading me to question my TPS sensor.

if you see anything obvious please let me know
    mafonlyredo.hpt122222-workcommute.hpl

Senior Tuner
    You are going to have to get it to go into limp mode then pull the code to see what actually caused it. Else it's just a guess.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Well I drove home and it was rough . Didnt go into limp mode for first 10 miles .
    I did rest voltage on TPS and it was way low so I decided to change it ( I work in an RV shop ) and when it went into limp mode the codes were new and deifferent.

0x543: C0242 (SES, Pending, Current, History)
    0x7E8: P0101 - Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit Range/Performance (Pending)
    0x7E8: P0442 - Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (small leak) (Permanent)
    0x7E8: P0506 - Idle Air Control System RPM Lower Than Expected (Pending)
    0x7E8: P0606 - ECM / PCM Processor (SES, Pending, Current, History)

Tuner in Training
    I had codes for MAF and TPS originally when lifter failed I cleaned Throttle body and maf and went away. Since it came back I decided to get a new MAf as well Idle improved immediately. Thinking those 2 were major problem I was having . cant test properly as we are in a winter storm .

If you have a 4L60E transmission-STOP DRIVING IT RIGHT NOW as you are going to destroy the transmission. The PCM uses the MAF to control line pressure. If the MAF is putting out a false signal, you could be running low line pressure and it will smoke the trans very quickly. Further.. the TPS is used for shift timing.. the incorrect shift points may be a direct result of an incorrect signal from the TPS. Whatever you find is wrong-be it a ground issue, or wiring issue, or bad sensors-STOP driving it before you make a minor issue into a MAJOR issue. Resolve the TPS, and MAF codes before driving it any more.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HATEHPTUNERS View Post
    If you have a 4L60E transmission-STOP DRIVING IT RIGHT NOW as you are going to destroy the transmission. The PCM uses the MAF to control line pressure. If the MAF is putting out a false signal, you could be running low line pressure and it will smoke the trans very quickly. Further.. the TPS is used for shift timing.. the incorrect shift points may be a direct result of an incorrect signal from the TPS. Whatever you find is wrong-be it a ground issue, or wiring issue, or bad sensors-STOP driving it before you make a minor issue into a MAJOR issue. Resolve the TPS, and MAF codes before driving it any more.
    noted ,
    Both sensors have been changed no codes so far .

TPS errors etc wouldn't change the tune directly would it ? as my shift speeds from tuner were set ridiculously high as were rpms on wot
    ?
    Last edited by Xguardian; 12-26-2022 at 11:56 AM.