Thread: Can't write/unlicensed vehicle

Can't write/unlicensed vehicle

I'm trying to write a new tune file to my vehicle, I have 4 tunes I was trying to test out. When I tried to write the first one it gave me an unlicensed vehicle error. I unplugged the MPVI3 plugged it back in and resynced it and then it worked. Now when I try to do anything I get an unlicensed vehicle error. It won't let me write anything, not the 4 tunes not my stock tune...nothing. Every time it says unlicensed vehicle and won't let me write anything. I have tried everything I can think of. I've tried resyncing the MPVI3, I made sure I had the latest beta version installed, I completely deleted all VCM software and reinstalled it, I ended up buying more credits to see if that was the issue. On HP tuners it says I have credits, but on VCM editor it says I don't have any licenses, except for my RTD device. Each time I click on write it just says unlicensed vehicle and doesn't give me the option to license it.

After I finished my build, the vehicle wouldn't stay running at idle which is why I needed the tunes to see if it would stay running. Now my car is stuck sitting in the middle of my driveway.

Vehicle: 2019 Dodge Challenger 6.4
    Key info: MPVI3, latest beta version installed, security bypass cable installed

HP Tuners Credits Showing.PNGMPVI3 No License.PNG

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    Yes, I opened one earlier today ticket 77825 figured I wouldn't get a response until tomorrow maybe. Was seeing if I could get something figured out today.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    might be as easy as deleting your license.dat file from your settings folder, that usually fixes these types of issues.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Ok Bill, I will give that a try.
    2019 Challenger Scatpack 3.0 Whipple

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    might be as easy as deleting your license.dat file from your settings folder, that usually fixes these types of issues.
    Thanks Bill, that fixed it.
    2019 Challenger Scatpack 3.0 Whipple

Tuner in Training
    wondering where my settings folder might be found....

Quote Originally Posted by batsy74 View Post
    wondering where my settings folder might be found....

Look in your Documents folder for the hptuners folder