Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: surging idle

found injection timing etc table...going to give it a shot in the morning with a log file. thanks again guys for your help. im learning as i go, was alot easier with a timing light and jets for sure lol

Quote Originally Posted by ehall8702 View Post
    found injection timing etc table...going to give it a shot in the morning with a log file. thanks again guys for your help. im learning as i go, was alot easier with a timing light and jets for sure lol
    Yeah I remember those days, also when you drilled holes in the throttle blade to get back in the idle circuit with a big cam.

Tuning Addict
    I didn't mess with the coast or in gear idle stuff, so you may want to play with that a little as you go too. You need to correct fueling via MAF and VE tables. With the cam lope causing an idle change over 50 rpms you'll find a lot of the lean drift will be coming from your VE table as the ecm considers that transient fueling........
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

much much better, like the idle alot, WB reads good in all throttle and idle. think im getting closer...really need to ve and maf tune tho..just need the time.
    Attachment 127208
    Attachment 127209

https://youtube.com/shorts/wbkZgwK1Rg4?feature=share

Alot better, timing was adjusted down in ghuggins adjustment , can feel power down a little but everything else seems very close to on point. I'm just gonna have to make time and do ve and maf tuning for sure. Have new gears on the way (4.56) should make a world of difference also.

Glad you found a happy medium.

Tuning Addict
    Sounds good.

The idle you had before is what they consider a "forced or ghost like" cam lope whereas the one you have now is more natural
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Def like the natural sound, enuff that anyone knows the engine isnt stock but not enuff that its just plain annoying. Did u by chance take a look at the last tune with the log? I knkw I need both ve and maf tuning but which would benefit me the most to do first? Havent had the time to figure out the steps to take to start the process of wither, have a few motor swaps and 2 trans to change this weekend thru next ( dont get alot done with the 3 hrs after work in my garage when its cold out) but after next weekend I'm gonna make time to get atleast one area of tuning done.