Thread: Upgrading from MPVI2+ to MPVI3

Upgrading from MPVI2+ to MPVI3

Re previous post/thread : Upgrading from MPVI2+ to MPVI3

Hey Y'all,
    was just wondering if u guys were aware of the fact that if u upgrade (when i say upgrade I simply mean purchase a new updated MPVI3 device , as I did ) , to the 3 u cannot use on ur own vehicle if uve used previous dongle version as the VIN is locked to the initial device used .
    Now i read all the hype about this new fandangle MPVI3 with Prolink enabled (Prolink purchased separately of course) and i just had to have one , so out i rushed purchased the above witrh credits only to find out later that i cant even use on my own car now !!! In all my research on the new product i did not see this senario expressed anywhere .
    The out of pocket $$$ i can deal with but still feeling very dissilutioned
    Am i the only one???

Well I'm happy to say my local VCM store eventually nudged me in the right direction , all I had to do was delete the DAT file in hp tuners which enabled me to use the MPVI3 , happy dayz , crisis averted .
    Last edited by [email protected]; 12-19-2022 at 12:53 PM. Reason: correctional

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Re previous post/thread : Upgrading from MPVI2+ to MPVI3

Hey Y'all,
    was just wondering if u guys were aware of the fact that if u upgrade (when i say upgrade I simply mean purchase a new updated MPVI3 device , as I did ) , to the 3 u cannot use on ur own vehicle if uve used previous dongle version as the VIN is locked to the initial device used .
    Now i read all the hype about this new fandangle MPVI3 with Prolink enabled (Prolink purchased separately of course) and i just had to have one , so out i rushed purchased the above witrh credits only to find out later that i cant even use on my own car now !!! In all my research on the new product i did not see this senario expressed anywhere .
    The out of pocket $$$ i can deal with but still feeling very dissilutioned
    Am i the only one???

Well I'm happy to say my local VCM store eventually nudged me in the right direction , all I had to do was delete the DAT file in hp tuners which enabled me to use the MPVI3 , happy dayz , crisis averted .
    Where is that file at, I have the MPVI3 downloaded suite 5.0 and when trying to register MPVI3 does not show up in dropdown WTF