Thread: Catch can routing

Advanced Tuner

Catch can routing

Hoping someone knowledgeable can chime in and clear this up and or verify that I have this set up right. I have a Mighty Mouse catch can on my ls7 that was converted to a wet sump. My routing is as follows: I have a line from the passenger side valve cover to the intake tube. It is after the MAF and before the throttle body. I have another line from the valley cover plate nipple to the inlet of the catch can. From the exit side of the can, I have a line running to a vacuum port on the intake just behind the throttle body. The driver side valve cover is capped off. Does this sound correct?

Thanks!

Senior Tuner
    I would set it up exactly like his instructions say to. I'm sure you've found MM instructions?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    MM is good at responding to questions, or at least they used to be. Sketch it up and send it to them.

Advanced Tuner
    I did find the directions. I have it set up as the directions state but i also have a conflicting email from MM stating to run both 6an lines from the valve covers to merge with a single 8an line into the tank. From the tank to the intake, and from the valley cover nipple to my intake tube between the MAF and throttle blade. I think i'll do as gtstorey suggests and run this by them again to get clarification.

EDIT** i think where the confusion came from was (ls7). I'm not sure if the person on the other end of the email realized it was a wet sump set up. (i did state that up front). I just looked at the install instructions for a dry sump ls7 and that is the way i was told to install it in the email. I currently have it set up as the ls2 instructions indicate. Definitely going to contact MM today for clarification.

Thanks
    Last edited by LS ROB; 12-22-2022 at 04:18 PM.

Assuming the engine is N/A...

1) The line from the intake tube to the passenger valve cover needs to be connected between the MAF and throttle body. This is under no vacuum (incoming fresh air).
    2) The line from the valley cover is connected to the catch can (incoming dirty air).
    3) The catch can line is routed to the intake manifold downstream of the throttle body. This is under vacuum and is what is responsible for pulling fresh air from the intake line (outgoing filtered air).

This is one of the best PCV articles I have ever read. Highly recommended to take your engine knowledge to the next level.
    https://www.shophemi.com/images/medi..._ccv_bible.pdf

Edit:
    not sure if something different is needed for wet sump.

Potential Tuner
    Just curious as to why the preference to cap the left valve cover and use the valley port, rather than the other way around?

I don't believe my l8t has a valley port, but you're making me wonder...