Thread: Best way to get additional parameters?

Tuner in Training

Best way to get additional parameters?

Hey All,

Tuning a 4.6L 3v Explorer Sport Trac, spanish oak 1024
    All the parameters available appear to be common with Mustang spanish oak files i've seen on the forums here.

Only problem is many of the parameters are missing for the explorer.
    Is there an easy way to search for the additional parameters based on the definitions that are already known from the Mustangs?

Would it be possible to use User Defined parameters to do this?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes you can use the user defined parameters feature to add tables that you have found.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Is there anywhere that I can view the parameter information from the mustang .hpt to try on the explorer?

For example LWFM ([ECM] 44319) is not viewable on the Explorer. It likely exists in the same place as the mustang. Maybe not, but would be worth checking.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Yes you can use the user defined parameters feature to add tables that you have found.
    Is there any support for user defined parameters feature?
    such as where to get the .bin file?

I'd just like to get a few parameters that are not in currently HPT but are necessary to tune correctly.

example: I can see that cylair anticipation is enabled but no LWFM tables are defined which could cause incorrect airflow if I were to install the intake manifold i have.

Screenshot 2023-01-17 175824.png

Tuner in Training SolarSupremacy's Avatar
    I thought HPT would already have everything mapped out, but it makes a bit more sense now.

The general and system menus should be populated a lot more. There should be modern vehicles that are capable of enabling lock-controlled windows, remote start, and more with just a flash.
    Owner of Solar Customs

If you want help with tuning, automotive electrical stuffs, or other car mods, add me on Discord: SolarSupremacy

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarSupremacy View Post
    I thought HPT would already have everything mapped out, but it makes a bit more sense now.

The general and system menus should be populated a lot more. There should be modern vehicles that are capable of enabling lock-controlled windows, remote start, and more with just a flash.
    right, i understand it's not a vehicle many people will be tuning but i feel like if it's listed as supported the essential parameters should at least be available