Thread: Stock File for Gen V 4.3L LV1 or LV3

Potential Tuner

Stock File for Gen V 4.3L LV1 or LV3

I have paid 2 different "Tuners" (one was a shop with a dyno) to make this thing run. And it's barely derivable.
    Nothing special at all it's just a bone stock 2019 4.3L with a TH350, all i really want it to do is run like it came from the factory.
    Ended up replacing my old EFI live with HP tuners to just do this my self but i need a bone stock tune file for a 2015 (the newer the better) and up 4.3L to get started.
    I looked through the one that is in the tune repository but it looks like it has been messed with quite a bit.

Any body have or can get a bone stock engine tune for a Gen V 4.3 ?
    If needed i will pay for it in lieu of buying another ECM just to download the tune.

Tuner in Training
    Need more info about the ecm your using. Im guessing this is a swap tune your needing? or help building one? Im not on here very often but will check back on this in a day or so

Chris

Potential Tuner
    Chris,
    ECM is E92 with a 12694524 OS from a 2019 Express Van with an LV1.
    Yes this is for a swap into a ground up off road rock crawler.
    The good part is the last "shop" that put a tune in there actuality put a true manual trans tune in the ECM, unlike the first person that put a tune in. All he did was change the trans setting from auto to manual. Hoping to find a truly stock 4.3L LV1 or LV3 that i can do a comparison on and just change all the necessary tables (VE, MAF, Spark, Torque, etc.) so I have a truly factory stock tune i can start with.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Jim

Potential Tuner

2019 LV1 4.3 Stock File

Update:
    Ended up buying a E92 ECM from Junkyard from a stock 2019 Express Van so i would have a completely stock LV1 file to start with, now i gotta start tuning.

Going to post this stock file hoping it will help someone.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnMetal View Post
    Update:
    Ended up buying a E92 ECM from Junkyard from a stock 2019 Express Van so i would have a completely stock LV1 file to start with, now i gotta start tuning.

Going to post this stock file hoping it will help someone.

Can you post the old tune with the ?true manual coding?
    Thanks a ton

Potential Tuner
    I have a 2014 LV3 4L60E that is like a 2 stroke comes alive around 4,000 rpm looking for help also
    Thanks
    Newbie to hptuners

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dc10pylot View Post
    I have a 2014 LV3 4L60E that is like a 2 stroke comes alive around 4,000 rpm looking for help also
    Thanks
    Newbie to hptuners
    Curious if anyone ever resolved this issue, same situation, rock crawler , TH350, no speed sensor. Initially it behaved the same as OP described , would start and idle occasionally ok, throttle would do strange things at times. Could only get 25% throttle while driving, throttle extremely lethargic . With a lot of monkeying with torque tables have been able to get full throttle but it?s still not great, tip in very laggy, and at part throttle it still has the 4000 rpm bump that many people mention. You can see a jump in the requested torque but I?m not sure why because all of the pedal maps are flat in that area.

Clearly I am overlooking something as I figured this should have worked with a stock tune. Because the TCM is missing, even though the ECM is coded to manual, I think that may have broken the torque model.

Finally, someone mentioned a manual trans cal ? I was not aware that the LV3 was ever offered in a vehicle with a manual transmission. Do you have a cal p/n or the actual cal you can share ?

Tuner in Training
    Are there ant DTC's? The throttle will be limited if there are any comms issues in the CAN bus since it's missing the TCM.

Tuner
    No current DTC's (there are some permanent DTC's I cannot clear) , DTC settings changed to mirror GMPP LT crate motor calibration settings.