Thread: can connect to Seadoo

Potential Tuner

can connect to Seadoo

I just received my equipment and tried just to connect the scanner to the ski, could not connect. I then took it out side to my truck and it connected ok.
    Tried plugging in BUDS and it connected to the ski.
    Anyone have any idea what is going wrong?
    I check and I am running the Beta with no available upgrades

Potential Tuner
    Big thank you to Ruthless Racing, he was a great help getting me connected to my ski. Thanks again bud

you welcome

Potential Tuner
    What was the solution?
    I am trying to read my 22 GTX 230 into VCM Scanner and get "Unknown controllers detected". When I run Gather Info, I see a list of three controllers: ME17.8.5 B, BRP, ME17.8.5, BRP, and NGC3 Dodge. Selecting either of the BRP controllers gives me an "controller init failed"

Additional Details
    Protocol Info: ISO 15765-2, BRP: CAN, 500 kb/s
    ECM: 7E8, CAN
    VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxJ122 - 2001 BRP Queretaro
    Last edited by vashaunp; 02-11-2023 at 06:40 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vashaunp View Post
    What was the solution?
    I am trying to read my 22 GTX 230 into VCM Scanner and get "Unknown controllers detected". When I run Gather Info, I see a list of three controllers: ME17.8.5 B, BRP, ME17.8.5, BRP, and NGC3 Dodge. Selecting either of the BRP controllers gives me an "controller init failed"

Additional Details
    Protocol Info: ISO 15765-2, BRP: CAN, 500 kb/s
    ECM: 7E8, CAN
    VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxJ122 - 2001 BRP Queretaro
    Usually means not supported yet.

Since these are virtual read, if you plug into something running a calibration we have not seen yet, we will need the ECU to be sent in so we can pull the cal and add to the online database.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Eric, I have opened a ticket (Ticket: 84980) and currently working with the tech on the necessary steps

Potential Tuner
    Worked with support, had to mail the ECU. Got it back and now I am able to read and write.

Potential Tuner
    Hi, had the same issue with my mrs 2022 gtx170.. now your ecu has been sent in and added to database does that mean i should be able to read her ski? I reckon must have had the same cal on it.

Potential Tuner

Cool

Ruthless tuner in training??? youre the best in seadoo bro

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SUB3RACING View Post
    Hi, had the same issue with my mrs 2022 gtx170.. now your ecu has been sent in and added to database does that mean i should be able to read her ski? I reckon must have had the same cal on it.
    Mine is the 2022 GTX230, I would think the baseline maps would be different. If it is the same "controller init failed" I think they don't have your baseline and I would suggest opening a ticket. Support is pretty good about getting back to you within a day.

Potential Tuner
    i would have thought the ecu firmware would be the same but the base map different, i just want to be able to read and clear fault codes on her ski if they ever arise, not tune it. Problem with sending ecu to HP, is that I'm in the UK and if I need to send it to the states, she will be stuck with no ski for quite a while. Ill try give it another read just in case the update to database works on hers.

Tuner in Training RUTHLESS RACING STORE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SUB3RACING View Post
    Ruthless tuner in training??? youre the best in seadoo bro
    Thanks bro