Thread: 2021 Harrop S/C Tundra Trans Tune

2021 Harrop S/C Tundra Trans Tune

Hello All,

We have a client?s Harrop s/c Tundras in for some reworking and a retune.

The previous shop laid claim that the truck was tuned but it has had issues since day one.

We are trying to decipher the transmission tune on this truck as at WOT, it will hit limiter and continue to bounce.

While we have done many other vehicles, this truck has values we are unfamiliar with and want to figure this issue out.

The previous shop/s said the truck was tuned but there were no tune files in it at all as well as the map in it currently matches a stock map.

Any suggestions if any would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by manifestperformance View Post
    Hello All,

We have a client?s Harrop s/c Tundras in for some reworking and a retune.

The previous shop laid claim that the truck was tuned but it has had issues since day one.

We are trying to decipher the transmission tune on this truck as at WOT, it will hit limiter and continue to bounce.

While we have done many other vehicles, this truck has values we are unfamiliar with and want to figure this issue out.

The previous shop/s said the truck was tuned but there were no tune files in it at all as well as the map in it currently matches a stock map.

Any suggestions if any would be greatly appreciated!
    Here is an edit.

Here is our current tune file as of now. Got the shifting to work but now we have a low end stutter and throttle response is bouncy.

Mods

PROSPEED FUEL RAILS
    PRO SPEED INJECTORS
    HARROP SUPERCHARGER WITH 11 PSI PULLEY

dinanstockno420smothshift-updated.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by manifestperformance View Post
    Here is an edit.

Here is our current tune file as of now. Got the shifting to work but now we have a low end stutter and throttle response is bouncy.

Mods

PROSPEED FUEL RAILS
    PRO SPEED INJECTORS
    HARROP SUPERCHARGER WITH 11 PSI PULLEY

dinanstockno420smothshift-updated.hpt
    Quick look at your file - are you still on the stock airbox? Looks like you've scaled things based on your injector constant and MAF curve.

You can address some of the throttle response with the Desired Air Load table, but I see you've also increased Normal Throttle Angle vs TPS, which will certainly make it touchier - is it still too touchy with the factory settings?

What do you mean by low end stutter? Do you have a log?

Quote Originally Posted by SlowNStock View Post
    Quick look at your file - are you still on the stock airbox? Looks like you've scaled things based on your injector constant and MAF curve.

You can address some of the throttle response with the Desired Air Load table, but I see you've also increased Normal Throttle Angle vs TPS, which will certainly make it touchier - is it still too touchy with the factory settings?

What do you mean by low end stutter? Do you have a log?
    It is not on a stock box right now.

The harrop kit comes with a whole intake setup.

As far as low end stutter it essentially breaks up along the rev range in a few spots.

We found the customer has a pedal commander. We removed that and it smoothed out a little bit but it still has some issues.

We are going to roll it on the dyno tomorrow and see where we are.

I will log it if you want to take a peek!

When you use hptuners to read a tundra.. it will download the stock file from the repository. Any tune file that it had is now non existent whenever u flash it.

I have tuned these in the past. Any help needed message me on here on fb. I like working for shops. Thanks

Demigod Tuning

Potential Tuner
    What did you end up changing for the shift values? I have a supercharged 2019. Its currently on an OV tune but im switching over to hptuners. Since day one after the OVtune, the truck hesitates to shift from 2-3 and will occasionally shift extremely hard after the delay. If i clear the transmission learned values sometimes it shifts ok for a while. It also has an extremely hard 4-3 downshift. I emailed Magnuson but they claim they have never had an issue. I've seen that some others have experienced what i am.