Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Interesting L33 issue

Okay, that explains the #8 situation.

I tried to make the changes in the tune file you linked but then I could not send it back to you without SAVING it.. and that would cost me credits.. If someone has a way to download random tune files from the web, make changes, save them, and send them.. without using credits I'd sure like to know how.. Kevin87turbo... how do you do that?

Attached is a tune file that you can copy/paste the trans data from. Open this file as a COMPARE file. If you do a OPEN COMPARE FILE with your existing tune, it will show you the differences between this tune, and your tune. You can then use the VIEW COMPARISON LOG to see the differences and then scroll down to transmission and then copy over the data from this tune, into your current tune. Also, check that your TIRE/GEAR WIZARD data is copied over as well so your speedo registers correctly. After transferring the trans data over, just save it, and then burn it.

If any of this is not clear.. just post back and I can try and help you further.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    You can save files without licensing them now, I forget what version of HPT this started to be available on but you now only need to license before flashing.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HATEHPTUNERS View Post

I tried to make the changes in the tune file you linked but then I could not send it back to you without SAVING it.. and that would cost me credits.. If someone has a way to download random tune files from the web, make changes, save them, and send them.. without using credits I'd sure like to know how.. Kevin87turbo... how do you do that?

Attached is a tune file that you can copy/paste the trans data from. Open this file as a COMPARE file. If you do a OPEN COMPARE FILE with your existing tune, it will show you the differences between this tune, and your tune. You can then use the VIEW COMPARISON LOG to see the differences and then scroll down to transmission and then copy over the data from this tune, into your current tune. Also, check that your TIRE/GEAR WIZARD data is copied over as well so your speedo registers correctly. After transferring the trans data over, just save it, and then burn it.

If any of this is not clear.. just post back and I can try and help you further.
    what version of HPT do you have downloaded?

Senior Tuner

If you have an MPVI2, you can make changes to files without having to License the files.

I'm using version 5.0.4 and have an MPVI.. the original one... I also do NOT have my interface here with me.. I'm on my "travel" lap top as I'm on vacation in the UK... My interface is back in Houston ATM.. I will download the latest version of HPT on this laptop, and hopefully that will allow file manipulation without credit expenditure. I just hope having the interface connected is not required though. Thanks for the information peeps! Where is Sleeperado.. I was hoping he would continue to post so that we can get a progress update..

UPDATE; So, I'm trying to download the latest version of HPT... because I'm in the UK, it WILL NOT allow me to access the US web site for HPT, and even better.... the UK page that keeps coming up-regardless of what I use as my search term it just keeps bringing me back to hptuners.EU EUROPE-is just a DEAD PAGE. It looks like the usual HPT home page, but NONE of the script works.. None of the drop down menus work.. It's a page of information that is dead as far as choosing anything on the page.. Can't say I'm shocked.
    Last edited by HATEHPTUNERS; 12-31-2022 at 10:57 AM.

Tuner in Training
    sorry for the ghosting guys.. ive been super busy the last 2 days. i still havent had a chance to throw the latest tune in the truck. short story about me. i am pursuing a patent and marketing for a piece of equipment i built a few years ago so i have been on a dash for cash.. this sh!it is crazy expensive. Since i work for myself, i have to slave in the garage to keep the funds rolling in to take care of the house and the family.. i got roped into a 09 tahoe that was supposed to be a simple rocker patch, interior swap and its gone but i pulled back the carpet to get after it only to find out, the entire drivers side floor pan is gone ( its an ex law enforcement truck so keep that in mind if you ever go to buy one ) . when they put the spot light in the pilar, they dont seal them and rain water just runs through the hole and puddles in the floor. so yeah, ive been tied down with that lol. i know, i suck lol. im still waiting to hear weather or not im going to get these 4.10s for the truck or not.. my buddy said we would get together to seal the deal ntu i havent heard from him since then.. i imagine the new year has him glossy eyed and displaying his 2nd amendment rights right about now lol.. i will most definitely stay in touch with you guys though. i havent forgotten about the truck and what needs done in the least bit.. just have to prioritize a little bit.. sorry for the cliff hanger there guys. i do wish all of youy a safe new year and have all the fun you can fellas.. ill probably be on again sometime next year.. happy 2023 gentlemen..

Tuner in Training

happy new year buddy! so... i took a few minutes from this POS tahoe and copied over ALL (as in everything transmission related) of the trans settings you sent over in the attached file. i believe i did it right lol. so there are a few things in your tune that i want to mention as i dont know if it will affect or how much it will affect my truck..

(1) under speedo, my gear ratio and tire size, it wont let me put in the exact numbers you have. you have it set at 2,196.3866 and when i put that in kevs rev3 tune, it changes it to 2,196.3864.. is that deadly?

(2) under VSS pulses per you are set to 88,288 and when i put that in, mine goes to 88,289

(3) under trans general, under PRNDL equipped, yours is set at P/N and mine originally was set at PRNDL.. does that matter or am i thinking too hard?

Ill leave the file open and unsaved until i get your feedback. again, thank you all for holding my hand through this.. ill try to be less dependent in 2023!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeperado View Post
    happy new year buddy! so... i took a few minutes from this POS tahoe and copied over ALL (as in everything transmission related) of the trans settings you sent over in the attached file. i believe i did it right lol. so there are a few things in your tune that i want to mention as i dont know if it will affect or how much it will affect my truck..

(1) under speedo, my gear ratio and tire size, it wont let me put in the exact numbers you have. you have it set at 2,196.3866 and when i put that in kevs rev3 tune, it changes it to 2,196.3864.. is that deadly?

(2) under VSS pulses per you are set to 88,288 and when i put that in, mine goes to 88,289

(3) under trans general, under PRNDL equipped, yours is set at P/N and mine originally was set at PRNDL.. does that matter or am i thinking too hard?

Ill leave the file open and unsaved until i get your feedback. again, thank you all for holding my hand through this.. ill try to be less dependent in 2023!
    1) That small change will not affect anything.
    2) That's negligible
    3) Leave yours set as PRNDL.

Senior Tuner
    I'm using version 5.0.4 and have an MPVI.. the original one... I also do NOT have my interface here with me.. I'm on my "travel" lap top as I'm on vacation in the UK... My interface is back in Houston ATM.. I will download the latest version of HPT on this laptop, and hopefully that will allow file manipulation without credit expenditure. I just hope having the interface connected is not required though. Thanks for the information peeps! Where is Sleeperado.. I was hoping he would continue to post so that we can get a progress update..

UPDATE; So, I'm trying to download the latest version of HPT... because I'm in the UK, it WILL NOT allow me to access the US web site for HPT, and even better.... the UK page that keeps coming up-regardless of what I use as my search term it just keeps bringing me back to hptuners.EU EUROPE-is just a DEAD PAGE. It looks like the usual HPT home page, but NONE of the script works.. None of the drop down menus work.. It's a page of information that is dead as far as choosing anything on the page.. Can't say I'm shocked.
    You'll need to have an MPVI2 in order to save changes without using a license.

Tuner
    Try this link for download page https://www.hptuners.eu/downloads/
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    You'll need to have an MPVI2 in order to save changes without using a license.
    That use to be the case but with HPT versions from last year or so, I've been saving without licensing and I have an mpvi1. Only have to license when you flash

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_lq4 View Post
    That use to be the case but with HPT versions from last year or so, I've been saving without licensing and I have an mpvi1. Only have to license when you flash
    Oh, that's good to know. Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Oh, that's good to know. Thanks.
    You're welcome, I'm using version 4.8.7