Thread: HP Tuners Subaru Support

Potential Tuner

HP Tuners Subaru Support

Hello tuners,

Want to ask you for some reccomendations from you, I want to buy HP Tuners MPVI3 for my USDM Subaru STI 2008 car nad tune my own car.
    Want to ask you how is it with support, maybe some manuals and guide lines from HP, I am decideing between Romraider vs HP Tuners now.
    Romraider is cheap solution but with great documentation and guidelines, but on the other side HP Tuners looks great and has licensed vehicles, I know, that there are
    tuning traings like from Evans Academy for Subaru.
    What is your opinion and your personal experience to use this tunning package?
    Thank you.

Mike

Tuner in Training
    On the 2019 I can apply the custom features for VE tuning, Launch Control and Flat Foot Shifting, but I cannot apply the flex fuel modification or the scaling of TGV Inputs/Rear O2. Everything else works, except it will give you an "invalid checksum" error after every flash. The flash process takes 5 minutes, which is longer than the COBB AccessPORT by a good amount of time.

The Evans Performance Academy tutorials are worth it.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you Kevin. So if I understand well, everything works fine, just "invalid checksum" are doing some problems after reflash? Is this something critical for using this package or is it maybe in progress and will be cleared after next update of HP software? Why is problem with TGVs and rear O2 with HP Tuners ?
    I am thinking to buy this package for my STI 2008 and I see, that something new is preparing https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-Update-Coming
    Can I use VCM Scanner for logging my friend car {without needed of buying credits for that car?)

Thank you

Mike

Tuner in Training
    The next update will hopefully address these issues.

Right now For a 2008 I'd consider OS tuning it. The newer ROMs aren't well defined in Romraider so you can run into issues still but it's an option. I love HP Tuners and we use it a lot for domestic stuff but the current Subaru offering is less than impressive. Knowing HP Tuners and what they are capable of I'm confident these issues will be resolved.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMIKE View Post
    Hello tuners,

Want to ask you for some reccomendations from you, I want to buy HP Tuners MPVI3 for my USDM Subaru STI 2008 car nad tune my own car.
    Want to ask you how is it with support, maybe some manuals and guide lines from HP, I am decideing between Romraider vs HP Tuners now.
    Romraider is cheap solution but with great documentation and guidelines, but on the other side HP Tuners looks great and has licensed vehicles, I know, that there are
    tuning traings like from Evans Academy for Subaru.
    What is your opinion and your personal experience to use this tunning package?
    Thank you.

Mike
    as long as you dont have bigger injectors you should be fine using open source, i also have a 2008 STI, running 1050cc injectors and gtx3176 turbo,, using OS untill hp tuners gets their software together, i have a slight idle and starting issue i belive because not all injector parameters are defined.. evans performance academy is a great resource. and you get to say you have an EPA tune lol