Thread: Cable upgrade timeline and pricing, accelerometer question

Tuner in Training

Cable upgrade timeline and pricing, accelerometer question

Looking for an update on the timeline for opening up upgrades for MPVI2>MPVI3, and pricing info. Last I heard, they were going to be available by the end of the year. We're getting pretty darn close. Will it be $200? $250? $300? Just trying to budget for the next month or so. Also, I did want to confirm whether or not accelerometer data will actually finally available for use in VCM scanner with the new cable? That advertised feature was one of the main reasons I upgraded to MPVI2 in the first place and was never actually implemented, at least last I checked. I'm really looking forward to that metric being available for setting up some realtime net power type of equations for street tuning. Thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Thanks, I must have checked that thread literally the day before your update. I don't know how I missed the responses when I searched before posting this thread.

Can you please confirm/clarify on the accelerometer data logging as well? I haven't found a solid answer on whether being able to log that data in VCM scanner has actually been implemented. It's an advertised feature for the cable again, but that was also the case on the MPVI2 at launch. Nothing about it is listed in the software changelog as far as I can see, other than "support for MPVI3". I certainly haven't found the ability to add that parameter in the latest version of VCM scanner anywhere.

Potential Tuner
    Bill,
    Will the original MPVI even be available for a upgrade?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by HakkaCrakka View Post
    Bill,
    Will the original MPVI even be available for a upgrade?
    Last I heard, yes.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"