Thread: New Laptop Having Trouble Recognizing MPVI 2 and 2+

Advanced Tuner

New Laptop Having Trouble Recognizing MPVI 2 and 2+

I bought this laptop a couple of months ago, and am just now getting to where I use it full time. It's an HP/i5/SSD/Windows 11

My most used personal device is an MPVI2 Pro. Back when I first started trying to get everything set up, I remember I had hell trying to get it to sync. I could hear the audible ding from Windows when I would insert the USB (The USB cable is the original from HPT, not a cheap knockoff).

- Clicking "Resync Interface" resulted in the pop up window displaying "Please Connect an MPVI Interface..."

- Clicking "MPVI2 Verification Code" resulted in no code given, and the same "Please Connect an MPVI Interface..."

Somehow (I have since forgotten), I got it to sync to my personal MPVI2... Fast Fwd to yesterday, and I was going to help tune a buddies car who has his own device licensed to his car. His device is an MPVI2+ non pro version. Since I will be using my portable wideband setup, the intent is to scan his car with my device, and upload file changes with his... and... I'm back to now this laptop won't recognize his device.

For today, I am going to use my former laptop that has been connected to both devices hundreds of times... but it would be nice to find out why I can't just plug in, and hit Resync Device like I could with my other laptop.

Previous laptop is on Windows 10... Is there something in Windows 11 guarding/blocking the USB port? Anybody else ran into this?

Potential Tuner
    Look into the USB settings, power and secure mode, who knows what microsoft is limiting with updates and HPT's requireing people to use now.