Thread: Traction Control on a 5th gen Camaro

Traction Control on a 5th gen Camaro

Hey guys I'm looking for tips on traction control for my 2012 Camaro SS Automatic. I'm putting out 455 whp and 430 wtq with a 3600 stall converter and can't figure put how to get any darn traction at all. Now I know tires matter a lot. I have the BF Goodrich sport comp 2's with 305's in the rear and they are kind of hard at a 400 tread wear and leave a lot to be desired. I have the TCS method set to spark only and the max torque set to 525. I've tried reducing the max torque all the way down to 200 and quickly found out that definitely doesn't work and then I tried lowering the active dc min value to 20% and still nothing. I mean is this it for traction control on these cars or do I need to enable ETC on the method? Now another thing I was thinking about was the minimum spark and under torque management I only have it set at 5*, do I need to go to the stock setting of -20*? Because I noticed that when traction control is enabled it goes right to 5* and stays there until I get traction. Thanks for your time.

Advanced Tuner
    i have a blower car & have played with spark/throttle at the same time.

are you adjusting the maximum engine torque vs rpm vs gear table?

TCS maximum & minimum engine torque parameters also come into play from memory.

that's where i screwed around with mine for shits & giggles, been a while since i have touched it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    i have a blower car & have played with spark/throttle at the same time.

are you adjusting the maximum engine torque vs rpm vs gear table?

TCS maximum & minimum engine torque parameters also come into play from memory.

that's where i screwed around with mine for shits & giggles, been a while since i have touched it though.
    Yeah I've tried reducing the tq vs rpm gear table but still nothing. I'm going to try and add more timing pull on min spark / tq mang. I'll data log it in a little while and see what it does.

Ok so I tried putting the min spark tq mang at stock at -20* from the 5* I had in to it to see if it would pull more timing when traction control is activated and it did not. So then I tried setting the min spark base at stock and it does pull more timing but not as much as I thought it would. From the log that I'm posting on the second pull you can see the timing drop down to -6.9*. It seems to be a little more aggressive but not as much as I expected. I guess it all comes down to is drag radial tires with a tread wear of probably 200 or so now for me. Thoughts?
    Camaro log with min base spark and tq mang at stock.hpl
    Camaro ss3 tune latest tune 2.hpt

Have you tried updating table [12820] RPM vs Gear Max Torque?

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Have you tried updating table [12820] RPM vs Gear Max Torque?
    No I have not. What would you recommend?

Do you guys not want to help me because I don't use torque reduction on my transmission or what?

Advanced Tuner
    im currently away for work, so dont have access to my car to verify what it is i changed. i know i made my traction control rather aggressive & even changed the pedal response map to keep the power below 3500rpm more controllable.