Thread: Learning to tune a 2 bar SD custom OS

Learning to tune a 2 bar SD custom OS

I have an 08 GMC sierra, 6.0, 4L70, that I have done some upgrades to. Sloppy stage 2 cam and an LSA supercharger, plus supporting stuff like headers, exhaust, injectors, fuel system, etc. I took it to my local tuner and had the baseline tune done on it. He switched it to the custom 2 bar OS. I have posted the tune file below. I have never worked with the custom OS's before and want to start learning them. My only other HPtuners experience was about 10 years ago when I did a tune on a turbo Saturn Sky. I do have a wideband installed, and it is linked into the prolink on my hp tuners.

I am having a few small issues that I want to fix on my own, and learn to finish the tune out on this thing really well. Is there a good tutorial somewhere for working with these custom OS's? Is there a good walkthrough somewhere on tuning with them? Or is there an online school that teaches them? Basically how does a new guy get started understanding how to work in this environment?

The issues I am having is it trying to die on me when coming down in rpms. When I first got it, about 30% of the time, when I come to a stop it would fall on its face and die. rpm's go way to low, then it would try to recover and couldn't. I adjusted the ETC scalar and got it better, but its not gone. It still falls on its face about 30% of the time, but now it recovers and doesn't die. Any pointers on how to start working it out? I did some reading and I am thinking maybe some adjustments to the min airflow table?

Berserker as found.hpt

Tuner in Training
    first thing to adjust is your minimum idle speed vs MPH. its in the idle tab. set it to match your in gear idle speed and some people will start at the base gear idle at 0mph and then start to slowly increase it with speed.

Quote Originally Posted by dangrebel View Post
    first thing to adjust is your minimum idle speed vs MPH. its in the idle tab. set it to match your in gear idle speed and some people will start at the base gear idle at 0mph and then start to slowly increase it with speed.
    That change has been made and I will test drive it today. Thank you for your help.