When logging in VCM Scanner connected to an MPVI3 via Bluetooth, the live display is very slow.

When playing back the log, the display seems to have a significantly higher polling rate, yet the data tables don't. There's still major gaps in the tables as if my polling rate was 2Hz instead of 10Hz or 20Hz.

Am I correct in assuming, when using Bluetooth, the MPVI3 does not log data to transmit but instead transmits live PIDs to the laptop? And is Bluetooth bandwidth the issue here or is it something else? I don't understand why the polling rate would drop when on Bluetooth unless VCM Scanner is requesting one PID at a time and halting until it gets the response.

Additional questions:

It also seems like I can't do standalone MPVI3 data logging on an unsupported vehicle, even using universal PIDs. Is that correct?

Can/should I bump up polling rate when logging for MAF/MAP tables? And if so, what's the limit (CAN bandwidth, USB bandwidth, MPVI processor speed)? Why not log at 100Hz? Is there any indication of bad performance if I do hit a bottleneck somewhere?

Thanks for the insight!