Thread: Problem with reading in VCMEditor of Dodge Ram 2500 year 2012

Potential Tuner

Problem with reading in VCMEditor of Dodge Ram 2500 year 2012

While reading a 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 with VCMEditor, the system crashed, and the vehicle no longer starts working. We tried with HPTuners support but we still can't get the car back, can anyone help us?

Tks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, most of the time this can wake up the computer if something funky happened during reading.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I did all this, but nothing solved it, but even without hptunner support, I managed to solve it.
    I found a file of an equal system here in the forum, I bought the credits and loaded it back in the central, and the car started working again.
    thank you for this forum...
    And as a company we are disappointed with the support from HPTuner.

Tuner in Training
    Hey I’m in quite the same boat as you are. What I’ve seen EVERY time I have attempted to read a cm2200 ecu (3 different times now) which is ram/Cummins 2011-2013 (at least) is that vcm editor says “cleaning up” and it dang sure cleans up allright.. because then it fails. And the dash displays “no canbus”, has the security light illuminated, and the truck won’t do jack $h:+.. this has happened only on vehicles which have previously been tuned by another companies tuning equipment. Will read (and write) just fine if it’s a known oem file.. but it’s really strange.. the last one (which still has the ecu removed and sent in for repair) had a bully dog, which we flashed back into the bullydog box, removed from the vehicle, but still no dice.. the other ones have had ez lynk files in them.. but the result was still the same.. dead ecu/stranded truck. Fwiw, my days on hpt on anything Cummins are done unless I can get some type of answer as to wth is going on here.. it’s happened with 68rfe truck and 2 aisin trucks.. only common denominator is the cm2200. I’d try this newer truck (cm 2350) just to see what happens.. but im up to almost 2k just in repairing these ecu’s. Also, this has happened in version 4.xx and now the problem has followed vcm editor into version 5 as well.. if I had any type of proper guidance on these things I’d have already purchased something more professional, if there is such a thing (kess, Alienware, k-tag, even insite (since Cummins) but I just wanna go fast and I’m no kind of computer wizard or I’d be doing this with winols to begin with.. if anyone has any tips or solutions I’d dang sure appreciate any advice or assistance you could offer.. ps.. sorry for the long post, not trying to hijack.. good day to all. HD
    Work Hard, Do Right, Give Back

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryD View Post
    Hey I’m in quite the same boat as you are. What I’ve seen EVERY time I have attempted to read a cm2200 ecu (3 different times now) which is ram/Cummins 2011-2013 (at least) is that vcm editor says “cleaning up” and it dang sure cleans up allright.. because then it fails. And the dash displays “no canbus”, has the security light illuminated, and the truck won’t do jack $h:+..
    I'm sorry for what you're going through, but this lightened my day. Loved the way you worded that.... Cleans the programming right out of them
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    hola, tengo el mismo problema, necesito poner a arrancar este vehiculo, podrias ayudarme

Potential Tuner
    [QUOTE=SdgCars;712462]Hice todo esto, pero nada lo resolvi?, pero incluso sin el soporte de hptunner, me las arregl? para resolverlo. Encontr? un archivo de un sistema igual aqu? en el foro, compr? los cr?ditos y lo cargu? de nuevo en la central, y el coche comenz? a funcionar de nuevo. gracias por este foro... Y como empresa, estamos decepcionados con el apoyo de HPTuner.[ /COCCI?N] tengo este mismo problema, necesito el archivo, sabes cual es ?? podrias darme un poco mas de informacion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, most of the time this can wake up the computer if something funky happened during reading.
    The other day I wiped out a truck at a wrecking yard. I argued with the owner how it was impossible for something like that to happen. Then I read this . How is this even a thing?