Thread: 2018 mustang gt not learning Ethanol content

Advanced Tuner

2018 mustang gt not learning Ethanol content

its just a basic car with a JLT intake and no cats, for some reason i cant get it to learn the ethanol content.

tune2 Flex transbrake.hpt
    Dyno13.hpl

What im i missing?

Did you add a flex fuel sensor into fuel system? Your car is not equipped from factory for E85.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

Advanced Tuner
    they use the factory widebands to infer ethanol content, we can basically use it as the flex fuel f150 coyote trucks operate that way stock

Advanced Tuner
    You need to study flex tunes a bit more. Start by copying over all the fuel tables from a F150.

You have several tables that need to be filled in. It's not just enabling the flex, Ford did not fill in the fuel tables.

Don't drive it.

I might have time tonight to fix your tune.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    You need to study flex tunes a bit more. Start by copying over all the fuel tables from a F150.

You have several tables that need to be filled in. It's not just enabling the flex, Ford did not fill in the fuel tables.

Don't drive it.

I might have time tonight to fix your tune.
    i did use a f150 tune to populate tables that where blank, but i dont see anything i left, thank you for your help

Advanced Tuner
    Similar issue and no help to you but I can’t seem to make gen3 (Whipple strategy) octane learn work.

There is a setting in forscan to enable flex fuel. Could that be your issue? I know the pcm references offer modules for data in some cases.

flex tables

give this a try now
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry, I took a quick look and thought I saw some tables with nothing.

That will teach me to look without my readers on. Outside of changing the min stoich as Boosty did, I got nothing.

Advanced Tuner
    just an update, the car seems to be inconsistent in learning, sometimes will learn, others will just give me a "system too lean" code

just a thought can you run this straight e85 & make sure its all ok the try it back on to flex ?

Advanced Tuner
    E85 is not available at the pumps here, so im using 5gal jugs from vp racing, this car might never se true E85 as im using this as a "race fuel tune" for track nights

can you do another log something else is going on here may not be tune related ?

Tuner in Training
    I have 2 separate ethanol tunes, one is for competition where I run E85 (VP X85) and use auxiliary injectors and an auxiliary controller. The other is for pump flex fuel and street use. The flex fuel tune does not produce any additional horsepower itself, the extra power is dependant on the quality of the fuel, which is unpredictable. However, it does make my motor less prone to knock, and is more affordable than 91/93 octane pump gas.