Thread: credits

Tuner in Training

credits

i have 31 upgrade credits does that mean i can get all gen 3 v8 cars? if so how do i proceed in getting them

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    read or write to a vehicle your NOT licensed to yet.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    The next time you read a gen III V8 car you havent licensed yet, it will ask you which license you want...single car VIN locked, or unlimited model/year, or unlimited vehicle group.

Some people forget it is a YEAR based system as well.....the gen III V8s are all 6 credits per year/model....for example all 2000 Corvettes would be 6 credits..

Does that make sense?
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 02-01-2007 at 12:10 PM.

Tuner in Training
    so if i choose unlimited group that is all vetts 97-04 or all f-body 98-02 if i choose one

license type upgrade credits credits required description

vehicle group 31 0 gm gen lll (ls1 based) v8 cars

i just bought more credits to use how can i get more upgrade credits it didnt add anymore to the 31 that i have after i bought 14 more
    Last edited by stbtt; 02-01-2007 at 03:15 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    unlimited vehicle group as in ALL GM Gen III V8 cars OR trucks I know, it's great, isnt it?
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 02-01-2007 at 04:40 PM.

Tuner in Training
    having hard time with my pc thats why my last post look strage so i can get all gen3 cars or just vetts or f body

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    our tunershop pricing is listed right on our site http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_tunershop.php

Tuner
    So I'm not understanding either. well, not completely.

1. I pulled out my new adaptor, load s/w and plug in the MPVI.
    Then I ping the MVPI and it looks like this.

My original serial adaptor that I bought in 2004 was 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix but I didn't specify what I was going to do, I just paid for my upgrade and bought 4 credits. The Grand Prix on the line with the 6 credits does not have the brackets[like this] Does that mean the credits are not committed yet?
    Why does it say 6 credits are used? I didn't use anything yet, all I did was plug the MPVI in and ping it. it hasen't even been plugged into the car yet.

2. So I click onthe other tab and it looks like this.

Now its showing me the 4 credits I bought in the upgrade credits box.
    Are these already decided? like I said I haven't done anything yet.

3. So I'm looking at the HPT website at credit costs and it suggest its 2 single credits for single vehicle. Do I need to add the 4 credits for year/model to make a total of 6 credits for year model? or... is it just 4 credits for year model?
    Then because I originally had 1998 Grand Prix year model, is it still this way now with my trade in?

4. The reason I'm really confused is because I went to my account and see this, my account credits thingy.

If HPT gave me the year/model for 1998 Grand Prix because that's what I started with in 2004 and somehow turned my 4 credits that I purchased into 6 then the 10 credits in this image make sense.
    I clicked on the thing that says click to get new app-key but nothing happened, I figured that's because I got a new app key a few days ago.

Can someone tell me what's wrong besides I don't understand yet, because I already realize that I don't understand.

Thanks, I surley appreciate it.
    Last edited by PDXGTP; 02-02-2007 at 11:20 PM.
    Best 60' = 1.716
    Best ET = 12.186
    Best MPH = 112.98

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXGTP
    Can someone tell me what's wrong besides I don't understand yet, because I already realize that I don't understand.
    that pretty much sums it up.

a. you need to get your new application key & enter that...then things might become a bit clearer for you.

hpt transferred over your old license which is what that 6 credits is, nothing more so don't confuse yourself with it.

upgrade credits are just that...hpt gives you 75% rounded down to the nearest credit towards the tunershop package...thats where that 4 credits comes from 6 X .75=4 again, nothing more so don't confuse yourself.

As for the 10 credits that just means when you upgraded to the usb version you ordered more credits, but you have yet to apply your new application key to show those extra credits so why not go ahead & do that so you don't confuse yourself any further.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    As for the 10 credits that just means when you upgraded to the usb version you ordered more credits, but you have yet to apply your new application key to show those extra credits so why not go ahead & do that so you don't confuse yourself any further.
    Well, when I put in my application key I got a message that said it was not valid. I'll try it again.

Thanks,
    Best 60' = 1.716
    Best ET = 12.186
    Best MPH = 112.98

Tuner
    Ok, More progress, I got the email from hpt.
    The things that changed is now it says I purchased 10 credits, used the 6 that are shown in the year/model box, and now it shows that I have 4 available.
    I'm good with that. Thanks,

I'm not confused anymore.

And I am pleased that HPT carried over my ability to do the year/model 1998 Grand Prix but it makes sense, I could before. Am I correct on this?

Thanks,

Now I can tune that Bonneville trans tomorrow.

Later,
    Best 60' = 1.716
    Best ET = 12.186
    Best MPH = 112.98

Correct.

All existing licenses transfer over as-is, meaning, exactly as they were is exactly how they will be, per the upgrade instructions.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Sort of off the main topic, but I have a question about the upgrade credits. I may have confused myself... I would like to confirm this model/year list in the upgrade section.

If I want to purchase all 97-2005 V6 Grand Ams, it would cost me:

4 credits per model/year
    1 model
    9 years
    It would cost me 9*4 = 36 credits.

The single vehicle liscense that I currently own (2001 Grand Am V6); can I not tune ANY 2001 Grand AM V6?

This is what is confusing me, because if I can tune any 2001 GA V6, and since it only costs me 2 credits per single liscense, then I would pay 2*9=18 credits.

Or am I completely f'd up here?

I'm sure this was covered, but at the time I didn't consider this, however now I am considering it and can't find the post Sorry if I'm repeating something here.

Thanks,
    -xon
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The single vehicle liscense that I currently own (2001 Grand Am V6); can I not tune ANY 2001 Grand AM V6?
    you answered your own question...its a SINGLE vehicle license...1 pcm basically, not unlimited.

does that clear it up?

yup.... thanks

36 credits for all GA's, unless it's one GA per year, then it's 18 credits.
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    36 credits looks correct...4 per model/year license.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    read or write to a vehicle your NOT licensed to yet.
    what if you are already licensed to that vehicle but you need to upgrade to be able to do a vin change?

I opened a file with a vin and it gives me the ole "unlicensed vehicle" although it is a single license.

so what is the exact steps to get it converted to A YEAR/MODEL?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Open the file and select the year/model license(assuming you have enough credits to upgrade) to upgrade to the year/model license.