Thread: 2014 turbo L83 no power over 3000rpm

Potential Tuner

2014 turbo L83 no power over 3000rpm

Hey guys, im having issues with a 14' silverado with the L83 engine. The truck had a On3 turbo kit installed along with a LT4 fuel system and DW400 low side fuel pump. Ran great for a few months then broke a ring land. Rebuilt the engine with a forged rotating assembly and a stage 2 low lift GPI cam kit. The turbo and fuel system stayed the same aside from installing a new set of LT4 injectors just incase one was damaged when the engine blew up. Now after the rebuild the engine is very doggy and not making power above 3000 rpm. The tuner we took it to could not figure it out so i am looking for some help from all of you guys to see if you could help point us in the right direction. I have attached a data log file for you all to look at. Some issues i see on it is that the fuel rail pressure is only building 1500 psi, from what i'm finding these should be upwards of 2900 psi. I also see that the Bank 2 short and long term fuel trims are stuck at -100%, not sure if this is used for tuning or if this is an issue. I will list the stats of the truck below. Thank you all for any and all help!

- Deatschwerks DW400 in tank low side pump ( https://deatschwerks.com/collections...cts/9-401-7014)
    - LT4 injectors and LT4 HPFP
    - Stock L83 high pressure fuel lines and rails
    - GPI stage 2 low lift cam and the lash cap that was supplied with the kit
    - Upgraded valve springs and rocker trunions
    - GPI forged drop in pistons and rods
    - On3 Single turbo kit
    - NGK 6510 plugs gapped to .025 i believe
    - Stock converter
    - Aftermarket dual exhaust
    - 91 octane fuel

Advanced Tuner
    you need to log more info zl1.Channels 2.Channels.xml
    Last edited by ZincGT; 01-09-2023 at 03:02 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ZincGT View Post
    you need to log more info zl1.Channels 2.Channels.xml
    I will do that after work tonight.

Potential Tuner
    Here is another Data log using the channels ZincGT gave me. Please let me know what you guys think.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NScustoms View Post
    Here is another Data log using the channels ZincGT gave me. Please let me know what you guys think.
    This datalog say that Bank2 injectors are not opening, so start by checking that you are firing all cylinders.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mJolnir View Post
    This datalog say that Bank2 injectors are not opening, so start by checking that you are firing all cylinders.
    It is firing on all 8, if its running full power on all 8 Im not sure. That bank 2 issue is what has me stumped, along with the low rail pressure. I dont know if this is a tuning issue or if I should be pulling the intake and checking the harness.

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys, just got a chance to dig a little more into this truck today. I pulled the intake and verified the injector harness's and the grounds at the back of the heads are in good shape. I installed a new fuel rail pressure sensor to rule that out also. I will attach the tune file that is currently in the truck and the latest data log i have for it. The bank 2 short and long term trims are still stuck at 100% and the fuel rail pressure is way low at WOT. Bank one and bank two upstream 02 sensors are both plugged in and show to be cycling voltage. Not sure if there is something in that tune file that could be causing either of these issues, Im at a loss.. Thanks guys!
    Attached Files Attached Files