Thread: THE BASICS: Starting on a 2018 Mustang GT

THE BASICS: Starting on a 2018 Mustang GT

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm just starting on a 2018 Mustang GT project. Are there any, "housekeeping" or "must do first" items when starting on this 2018? For example, I recall on the 2012 I had to modify a DTC P0605 to avoid triggering a code, but not sure if that's necessary on this 2018.

My plan is to initially do some basic, non-power modifications (change DFCO behavior, etc.)

I used HPtuners to refine drivability and diagnose issues on my 2012 Mustang GT project with great success, so I hope to continue that trend with this 2018.

Thanks in advance!

--Wes

Tuner
    Hey Wes,
    You still disable DTC 0605 on the 2018+ Mustangs. Make sure you log all your sources and also know your car has twice as many Mapped Points as your previous car and OP is not used on this car. You can add some timing as you see fit when you are ready to do that. MP14 and 20-24 are the ones mostly used under WOT. Good luck and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Volstang View Post
    Hey Wes,
    You still disable DTC 0605 on the 2018+ Mustangs. Make sure you log all your sources and also know your car has twice as many Mapped Points as your previous car and OP is not used on this car. You can add some timing as you see fit when you are ready to do that. MP14 and 20-24 are the ones mostly used under WOT. Good luck and have fun!
    Many thanks! When you say "OP," I assume you're referring to the "Optimum Power" mapped point. (I see that it is disabled on the mapped points.) I'll be back with pointed questions as I dive into this thing!

As far as logging, would anyone be willing to share a good list of PIDs to log? Naturally, when I opened the scanner, all of my previous PIDs (from the 2012) didn't work anymore, so looks like I'll have to build a list myself.

There is no need to disable P0605.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    There is no need to disable P0605.
    Noted with thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by WesDuenkel View Post
    As far as logging, would anyone be willing to share a good list of PIDs to log? Naturally, when I opened the scanner, all of my previous PIDs (from the 2012) didn't work anymore, so looks like I'll have to build a list myself.
    Actually, scratch that. My scanner is picking up the PIDs now. That was related to a checksum problem that has since been resolved. Never mind!