Thread: 392 swapped pursuit - Copied stock 6.4 tune to 5.7 PCM - Dies in gear

392 swapped pursuit - Copied stock 6.4 tune to 5.7 PCM - Dies in gear

I just buttoned up a 392 into my 2011 pursuit. I can run this motor on the stock 5.7 tune but clearly its down on power and I'm concerned the nag1 doesn't have proper torque management for the 392. I tried copying over stock SRT8 values into my tune to get a stock 6.4 tune, however the cold start has a hunting idle and the car likes to die when put into gear (before or as it goes to load up the transmission). It also seemed to die at idle when warm. Also when letting off the gas at a rolling idle the car liked to stay at too high of an rpm.

Where should I start looking to trouble shoot these issues? I'm guessing I should reset the throttle inputs to the stock 5.7 voltages and outputs? Maybe that solves the high rolling idle?

Stock 5.7 tune:
    Stock_5.7_Police_11.hpt
    Reference SRT8 tune:
    Stock_SRT8_12.hpt
    My Tune:
    Tune_1.1_5.7_Police_11.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by Slidn View Post
    I just buttoned up a 392 into my 2011 pursuit. I can run this motor on the stock 5.7 tune but clearly its down on power and I'm concerned the nag1 doesn't have proper torque management for the 392. I tried copying over stock SRT8 values into my tune to get a stock 6.4 tune, however the cold start has a hunting idle and the car likes to die when put into gear (before or as it goes to load up the transmission). It also seemed to die at idle when warm. Also when letting off the gas at a rolling idle the car liked to stay at too high of an rpm.

Where should I start looking to trouble shoot these issues? I'm guessing I should reset the throttle inputs to the stock 5.7 voltages and outputs? Maybe that solves the high rolling idle?

Stock 5.7 tune:
    Stock_5.7_Police_11.hpt
    Reference SRT8 tune:
    Stock_SRT8_12.hpt
    My Tune:
    Tune_1.1_5.7_Police_11.hpt
    6.4 will start and idle on 5.7 tune, however it will not perform efficiently.
    You need to retune it specifically to 6.4.
    This is What I'm doing, and my 5.7/NAG1 performs as good as ScatPack 6.4/ZF8HP.