Thread: How do the credits work?

Tuner in Training

How do the credits work?

If I buy enough credits to unlock a vehicle... Does that mean I have unlimited time/attempts to upload tunes to that one vehicle forever? Or do the credits get consumed, and I have to keep buying credits each time I want to retune it?

Also, how do the unlimited credits work?

I want to unlock a 2004 Chevy Avalanche (2 credits), but "Unlimited Year/Model" credits is 6 credits... So, if I buy the 6 Unlimited Credits, does that mean I can unlock as many different Chevy Avalanches as I want?

Thanks in advance for the clarity on this.
    Last edited by _Bowser_; 01-11-2023 at 06:00 PM.

The 2 credits for that Avalanche would let you make changes to that file forever. It never takes more credits after that one time fee.

The 6 credits would be to unlock that entire year. You could do an unlimited amount of 2004 Avalanches for that 6 credits. So a 2003 or 2005 would still cost you 2 credits to license.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The 2 credits for that Avalanche would let you make changes to that file forever. It never takes more credits after that one time fee.

The 6 credits would be to unlock that entire year. You could do an unlimited amount of 2004 Avalanches for that 6 credits. So a 2003 or 2005 would still cost you 2 credits to license.
    Awesome, thank you for that clarity.

Do I need credits if I'm only activating the electric fan? (not tuning the engine at all) Or does that count as tuning?

Also, do you know which cable I would need for the 99-06 GM trucks? (i.e. 2004 Avalanche)

Any change within the calibration requires that you license the computer.

You can only buy the new MPVI3 as far as I am aware. Anything else would be a used product.

Only the "normal" version is needed, you don't need the PRO features to do regular changes.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Any change within the calibration requires that you license the computer.

You can only buy the new MPVI3 as far as I am aware. Anything else would be a used product.

Only the "normal" version is needed, you don't need the PRO features to do regular changes.
    So, I need to buy a $400 cable as well?

Will the DB-15 OBDII Cable for MPVI cable not be suffice?
    Last edited by _Bowser_; 01-11-2023 at 06:32 PM.

The MPVI device is required to do anything, just a cable won't do anything.

However much the MPVI3 costs plus the credits will be your total for doing any tuning/changes to the computer.

You are buying the MPVI dongle/cable and that dongle plus the software is what allows you to read the file from the computer and make changes to it.