Thread: Alfano Data (CSV) issues with Race Render in Karting videos

Potential Tuner

Alfano Data (CSV) issues with Race Render in Karting videos

Hey all,

Apologies if this has been addressed, but I couldn't find any posts.

I have previously used Alfano CSV files in Race Render over Go Pro video to create videos of kart races (example of 360 video with data overlay here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxCh...index=1&t=231s).

But recently I can't get the exported Alfano data (from an Alfano 6) to import properly - each lap is listed as a separate CSV file, and Race Render will only display 1 sec of data input regardless of how many files are there/ joined.

Has any one had a similar issue? Is there something obvious I'm missing? I've used RR a fair bit, but certainly am not an expert. I think the 360 with data are pretty cool, but at the moment it's too much work to make it worth doing.

Cheers in advance for any insight.

John

Advanced Tuner
    Can you post a link to some of your CSVs? Perhaps they updated their export, and you aren't getting a time field anymore (or at least one that RaceRender recognizes as a time field) which causes some confusion in RaceRender.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    Can you post a link to some of your CSVs? Perhaps they updated their export, and you aren't getting a time field anymore (or at least one that RaceRender recognizes as a time field) which causes some confusion in RaceRender.
    Great point - that could be the reason. Can you see the attached?

Potential Tuner
    This is only one lap, but will show you the layout. I can try to upload a merged file of several laps

Advanced Tuner
    Yep! I see two issues:
    1. I don't see a Time (or related) column that RaceRender can use to determine how long each row in the file represents.
    2. The Latitude and Longitude don't seem to play nicely in RaceRender either.

I uploaded the CSV to Google Sheets, added a column at the beginning, and assumed each row was 0.1 seconds (for a lap of approximately 81 seconds). Then I added two more columns at the end where I divided the Lat. and Lon. columns by 1000000 (to have decimal degrees):

LAP_1_ALFANO6_LAP_SN5226_301222_15H40_Zoe_DAYTONA_SPRINT_TRACK_3_5058-Updated.csv

That seems to render a track in RaceRender. I'm not really sure that the time assumption is correct though. Do you happen to still have one of the older CSVs that did work in RaceRender? Maybe the "T1" and "T2" columns used to contain time data but don't anymore? Maybe additional values can be selected for analysis which are then included in the export?

Potential Tuner
    Wow, great job figuring that out so quick. I was a little skeptical about the time intervals, since an average lap is around 50sec, but with the lead up to the start the first lap was 81 - just like you predicted (see read out from the alfano app itself).

I will have to dig around for an old CSV - the app deletes old data when it updates, and I need to see if I saved it somewhere. But this is enough of a lead for me to contact Alfano and see if they can address the issue in a new update.

IMG_2277.jpg

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    Yep! I see two issues:
    1. I don't see a Time (or related) column that RaceRender can use to determine how long each row in the file represents.
    2. The Latitude and Longitude don't seem to play nicely in RaceRender either.

I uploaded the CSV to Google Sheets, added a column at the beginning, and assumed each row was 0.1 seconds (for a lap of approximately 81 seconds). Then I added two more columns at the end where I divided the Lat. and Lon. columns by 1000000 (to have decimal degrees):

LAP_1_ALFANO6_LAP_SN5226_301222_15H40_Zoe_DAYTONA_SPRINT_TRACK_3_5058-Updated.csv

That seems to render a track in RaceRender. I'm not really sure that the time assumption is correct though. Do you happen to still have one of the older CSVs that did work in RaceRender? Maybe the "T1" and "T2" columns used to contain time data but don't anymore? Maybe additional values can be selected for analysis which are then included in the export?
    Here's an older .csv. It looks like the format hasn't changed compared to the newer one (this was used to make the YouTube video I linked to, so I must have got it to work somehow). I contacted Alfano, and they said there hadn't been a format change recently. Awaiting further suggestions from them.