Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MPVI3 Connect to laptop with Bluetooth?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HartRod View Post
    Just tried this with mine and it wouldn't allow me to pair unless I was connected to the internet. Once I did that, it paired based on you directions. I'm pretty disappointed that I won't be able to scan without connecting a cable to my laptop. That was my biggest reason for upgrading to the MPVI3...
    Can you not do the standalone scanning? I understand it would be nice if the scanner worked over bluetooth, but also understand the latency etc./slowness with bluetooth could cause issues. If you can use the standalone scanning functionality, you don't need any cables hooked up at all--just scan while out driving and start and stop scanning either manually or automatically via triggers and when you get back home, hook up the device to your laptop and download the logs.

https://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Sc...ta_logging.htm

Potential Tuner
    I have both the RTD+ and the new MPVI. The RTD+ will not let you do a crankshaft position correction so I bought the MPVI in order to clear up some check enging issues. Eventually had to take vehicle to garage t get crankshaft error cleared. The RTD has all my tunes loaded on it while the MPVI has zero on it. I was wanting to have the information on the older unit transfered over to the new one in order to have only one device to work with. At first HP said they could do that and transfer the tunes along with the credits to the new unit however I would have to buy a new license. Now they are saying they can't transfer the information on the RTD to the MPVI due to different software issues. I have already paid for the tunes I have but I can't load them into my vehicle then plug in the MPVI and do a read on the vehicle and have the tunes in my MPVI. HP says I can't do that due to software conflicts. I just want to have the tunes I have bought in the newer device that will let me scan and edit in VCM suite. Is there anyone out there that can give me some insight on what i need to do. I have over 1000 dollars in two tuners and still can't program my vehicle and clear codes. I wish I had never heard of HP and all this complicated stuff.

What error message do you get when you use VCM Scanner with your RTD+?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Turn on Adv Config

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    With that said this is how to connect via bluetooth on pc/laptop

1. Plug the interface into your pc/laptop using the supplied c-usb cable
    2. On windows 10 click the search icon and type in settings or bluetooth to bring up your bluetooth settings window
    3. turn bluetooth to the on position
    4. Hold down the button marked BT for 5 sections to enter pairing mode
    5. select + Add Bluetooth or other device
    6. select HP Tuners MPVI2 in the pairing window
    7. done.

I've tested this on multiple pc's today and its worked flawlessly on each.
    I had to go back into settings and turn on the Advanced configuration mode in Blue Tooth Discovery Options. Only then could I see the device and pair it.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Bluetooth is meant to work with your phone and the TDN app and the track addict app.
    Any chance of an update in the track addict app? Says not avail for my device (android version too new)

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 04detroitls View Post
    Any chance of an update in the track addict app? Says not avail for my device (android version too new)
    I agree, it won't download from the play store on my nearly 2 year old Android phone. It says "not available for my device" stating that the app is for an older version of android devices.