Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help! 02/2018 Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost

Tuner in Training

Need Help! 02/2018 Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost

Hey i?m new to the Forum and generally to HPTuners,

i want to read out the ECU, every time i tried, it says x35 invalid Key.
    ATM a Pumaspeed Tune(MAXDOut) is on the ECM, is it possible that they locked it?
    How can i flash a new File original File to the ECM, where do i get a original File?
    The ECM is a MED17.0.7 384k, its also not listed in the ECM List on VCM Editor.
    I hope anyone can help me out, thanks a lot!!

1. Your 1.0 isn't currently supported as far as I am aware, you need to email HP support to have the add support for your car.
    2. Maxd tunes are locked down so you can't read them.
    3. Flash the car back to stock using the tool you used to flash the Maxd tune on.

I am very familiar with Maxd tunes as I've used them and still use them now.

Tuner in Training
    Hey thanks for the answer, I already send a Ticket to the support. I cant reflash it because the Maxd Tool only flash .mod files. The first readout from the stock is a .org file. I dont know what the thinking.. I wrote already a email to Pumaspeed for unlocking the Filenor send me a stock file..
    Under the Supported Vehicle there is the 1.0 EcoBoost from 12-21?
    The Maxd Files are awesome, nothing to say here, but I want a crackle, they just can?t do it..There tons of videos who can do pops and bangs and I want it so bad haha
    Regards

Andre
    Last edited by Heaven; 01-14-2023 at 02:09 PM.

You need to select the recovery option in the iflash software and then select your stock file in order to return to stock, it can certainly be done with everything you have.

Maxd can also do crackle for those, so I don't get why you've been told you can't as they offer crackle options on all ecoboosts as far as I am aware.

If you take a stock read of your car once you've returned it to stock, post the file on here so I can take a look.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CFGBR95 View Post
    Maxd can also do crackle for those, so I don't get why you've been told you can't as they offer crackle options on all ecoboosts as far as I am aware.
    They just do it for the 1.0 EcoBoost MK7, I asked like 100times and they (Pumaspeed) said always that there is no plan for a crackle map on the MK8. Don?t know why, so I will do it for myself. It will be hard to tune to the same HP like Pumaspeed but it comes with the time I guess..

I've spoke with the guy who writes the Maxd tunes and he's going to speak to Pumaspeed about it. The ECU structure is completely different on the MK8 vs the MK7 and its harder to get the crackle to work as well.

Have you flashed your car to stock using the iflash and the method I told you? Post me the file when you have done so and I will help if required.

Tuner in Training
    Hey, i wrote with Pumaspeed, now i got my car to stock. I have the same issue now x35 key invalid. I wrote to the HPTuners Support(81043), Brain will look up to the issue. Tried to read the ECU in Beta Software and Normal Software, no luck. The program think im driving a 1.5 Fiesta ST.

I think its sad that the MAXD Software is closed, i would like to have the Tune from them, but want to try to get a crackle in with the same Tune.
    Well, lets see what comes out..

PS i attached the Error Message and VCM Suite info here IMG_0726.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Heaven; 01-16-2023 at 01:09 PM.

Are you selecting the right ECU as I am sure the later 1.0's run the MG1 ECU found in the ST.

Maxd lock them out to prevent their intellectual property from being stolen which I don't blame them for doing, it's their work being copied else.

Tuner in Training
    On the MAXD Tool i choose also the MED17.0.7 384k. So i guess thats the right one

How odd. Are you connected to the internet when you're trying to read the car?

Tuner in Training
    Yes, like u see in the Photo.. the program won’t let me even Try a read without Internet
    Last edited by Heaven; 01-16-2023 at 03:57 PM.

guess you'll have to wait for support to sort.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I’m writing with the guys ^^

keep me updated

Tuner in Training
    So, the support wanted my ECU Label. Now I have to wait until an Engineer by HPTuners have time to lookup for it..Here is the label if anyone wanna see it. 710E9E71-484C-48A8-8D8B-744747240705.png

Potential Tuner
    I cant read Fiesta 2018 1.0 Ecooboost too. Same error. HP Tuner thinks its an 1.5 Ford. My label ist H1B1-14C204-ML

Ford changed from the MED17 not long after the mk8 was released so this may be why they claim to support yours. The 1.0 uses the same ECU and logic structure as the ST.

Have they sorted this yet?

Tuner in Training
    No. I waited 3 weeks for an engineer to help me. No answer until yet. I’m done for real..