Thread: 16 ECM read with RACEME tuner installed?

16 ECM read with RACEME tuner installed?

Does anyone know if the newer ecms can be read with using the race me tuner installed as a pass-through cable? I tried to do a search function and came up with nothing. 16 2500 6.7

Banned
    Return vehicle to stock with the RaceME and then do a read with the HPT mpvi2, mpvi2+ or mpvi3

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Return vehicle to stock with the RaceME and then do a read with the HPT mpvi2, mpvi2+ or mpvi3
    I'm just wondering if you think that it will read the race me deleted tune correctly? Running into some weird issues with the vgt and exhaust brake but with the race me tune it seems to be that the exhaust pressure sensor is shut off but race me says that it is not.

Banned
    Like I said, return to stock with the RaceME and then read with HPT.

Also, read this

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ummins-deletes!

Gotcha, so HP tuners can not deal with deletes and it crashes the ECM trying to read a calibration that has been deleted. I wish raceme had a read function.

Banned
    Hp tuners cannot read anything but stock or an hp tuners tune provided the read hasn?t been turned off in the tune file. Hp tuners doesn?t have parameters in the software for deletes just like EFILive doesn?t have parameters for deletes on the 2010. It?s a very heavy legal issue. The RaceME generates a stock file for custom tuning use with warp tuning.

Banned
    All MADS Electronics devices, all the Smarty?s, the MM3 and RaceME?s actually disable all abilities to read the ecm once a tune from them is flashed to the ecm and the only way to restore the read capability is to return to stock. EFILive removed the read option from 2010 and up in their software.

I deal with tuning Harleys and some company's do the same thing of locking the ECM to prevent reading or flashing. I just need to buy the warp dongle but i think it's crazy they charge that much for it.

Banned
    450 bucks to tune endless amounts of trucks versus 300 bucks per 2013 and Cummins with hp tuners. So which one has the crazy pricing?

Banned
    From a tuner stand point just writing tunes and not doing the flashing, the cost is pretty close between warp/mm3 and hp tuners. The flashing costs, hp tuners is way over priced

Still just used to dealing with Harley/Indian. Tuning device/interface =$450-$750 retail. Tuning software comes as a part of the deal. Couple of the company's do licenses for $240ish for tuning multiple bikes with one interface/dongle.

Banned
    Diesel tuning is a whole other ball park and certain things, like deletes adds to the cost and the options are limited because of the legal issues around deletes

Yeah the powersports industry is starting to catch more heat and has been since 2016. Gotta love the epa.