Thread: Clone Tune to another ECU CLA 45 amg

Potential Tuner

Clone Tune to another ECU CLA 45 amg

Hi Guys i have two 2016 CLA 45 amgs in my garage one dyno tuned and the other stock
    stage 2 i have built the untuned car to match the same mods can i copy the tune from the other car to mine
    and would all the parameters be copied like fueling and others i read it cab be done with the compare function
    kindly help me out

Best regards

Advanced Tuner
    Example: A screen shot of me comparing the turbo settigns. My current tune comparing to the oem file before I tampered with it
    All the green things are telling me they don't match, which means I did something in there.
    Then in the other screenshot you can see in detail what I did and by how much. Pretty cool...
    This is where you can copy paste that entire chart, or zero out the one that shows the difference. And of course you can just copy/paste one cell or part of the chart or however you like, and of course put whatever values in there uyou want. And, if other 45 owners post their tune, you can compare to that. It seem most people are pretty good about sharing, so just ask.

Tbo example 1.jpg

Tbo example 2.jpg
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909

Advanced Tuner
    Crap. I posted this long spiel about your questions before I posted the one with the screenshots and it seems it just vanished...

Advanced Tuner
    Repeat of my orig post. Sigh..
    HP can't see everything every tuner does because HP only sees what they think it most important. Plus some little things they added for us to play with like Idle speed and what not we can play with.
    If you tell us what tune you have I'd imagine someone here can tell if HP can see it all or not, and if not does it really matter?
    Mine was an OE tune and outlaw_50 said HP can see everything they do.

If you used MyGenius to load your tune then note you can't use MyGenius again after you apply the HP patch needed to read your ECU.
    So I backed up my ECU using KESS, ~$70 for the hardware, so I could apply the HP patch, copy the OE tune I had in the ECU. Then use KESS to copy my backup to the ECU, wiping the patch so MyGenius will work. Copy the other tune and of course the oem file.
    I backed it up out of paranoia, I had no idea about the MyGenius thing. I also backed it up so I could make a whole backup ECU. I didn't want to buy a whole spare car like you did

Plus it's possible that while loading the patch, the ECU will brick on you, like the post "ECU Bricked or Not Responding - 2014 Mercedes CLA 45 AMG"
    A backup via KESS done prior would no doubt have made this a super easy fix. Now I'm not sure exactly how he'll do it but I'm sure he'll post the details once done.

I have all the details if you'd like to go the KESS route, just let me know.

As for copying the tune, my post above pretty much explains it? It's super easy and you can pick and choose, make changes or whatever. You do have to do every chart one at a time, there is no copy the whole tune button.
    Last edited by chevota; 01-15-2023 at 02:32 PM.

Potential Tuner
    chevota I really apreciate your detailed comment