Thread: Stuck at 15 degrees of timing

Stuck at 15 degrees of timing

can anyone tell me why I can't command less then 15 degrees of timing on this e40 tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

I got a goat, so I gave it a quick look over.. need more info. like where are you wanting less than 15 and not getting it. details on mods. why do you have stoich at 21.6? Are you trying to scale the injectors? if so, you missed the IVT settings.
    2005 gto A4
    Darton sleeved 427, prc ls3 heads, custom cam 243/257
    Fti 3400 triple disc convertor
    553/555 N/A 839/823 nitrous on hub dyno

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure why it wont go below 15 but there are other things to look at first. Might be best to start from stock after some things are addressed since a full re-tune would be in your best interest.

-The initial hit of the throttle, the CA/RPM intersect follows a path of timing values that hover around 15 until 2.8k'ish rpm. Could just be the computer interpolating values and coming out to 15. After that, I think it could be a MAP sensor issue because it is pegged at 103kpa above 3.5k rpm.
    -Should really be using the 2bar OS with a 2bar MAP sensor with correct data.
    -MAF tables need work.
    -Injector data is not correct for SD 60's, based on a comparison to purchasable info and assuming they are real. Maybe consider some new injectors that come with real data?
    -Not sure what is going on with the stoich setting.
    -Max VE needs to be changed so it is higher than the highest VE kpa column. This will clip airflow calc's and make you think there is a lean tip-in. Not sure if this would effect timing though.
    -You need to post logs that clearly represent your question in the same post as the question. In those logs you need to add dynamic airflow and MAF airflow. *Also add all the timing and retard PIDs available.

All my assumptions and comments come from searching your other posts here and elsewhere, which you should not expect anyone reading your posts to do.

FWIW, build details posted in another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Finley View Post
    The build is a 2006 LS2 with a magnuson mp112 supercharger the throttle body is stock as is the maf, the heads are cnc ported 243's and the are bolted onto stock head gaskets. It has a flowtech induction cam that is 228/240 @.50" with a Lobe Separation of 116 and a Centerline recommendation of 113. The fuel system is stock with a boost a pump wired in the injectors are Siemens Deka 60lb High Impedance Fuel Injectors. Exhuast is JBA Shorty headers and catless mid pipes with a H pipe and Pypes mufflers. The transmission is an RPM built stage 6 4L65E with a 3000rpm FTI Performance SRL-3 Series Billet Triple Clutch Torque Converter. The rear gear ratio is 3:46. If you have any other questions please ask I really do want to learn.
    Last edited by eXo3901; 01-16-2023 at 01:03 PM. Reason: add'l PIDs

Thank you very much ill send that to my tuner

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Finley View Post
    Thank you very much ill send that to my tuner
    do you have a local tuner or is it remote?

Quote Originally Posted by LS ROB View Post
    do you have a local tuner or is it remote?
    I'm having it done remotely I don't have anyone within 6 hours of me that doesn't screw up peoples cars.

Advanced Tuner
    I understand that. Lots of so called "professionals" out there. Good luck with it.

Tuning Addict
    Not trying to sound like an arse here. But why the big injectors for a somewhat regular looking NA build?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Not trying to sound like an arse here. But why the big injectors for a somewhat regular looking NA build?
    I have a blower on it?