Thread: Could use some Help with ZF8 HP70

Potential Tuner

Please need some Help with ZF8 HP70

I?ll try and make this a brief as possible. Blew a Lifter in Engine of course FCA/Chrysler didn?t honor my warranty. Anyhow decided to get a hardened 6.4L Built on the East Coast. I recently changed the Intake and was running a little lean, so I have a very good tuner in Michigan, but he does specialize in Mustangs. Regardless reputable. The Original Builder/Tuner spent several weeks on and off to get the Trans (TCM) Tune Nailed. Which he did. I told my tuner in Mi that the Trans Tune is Spot On, don?t need to change. He did. (Still not sure if he had to since he uses HP while original tuner used Trinity. Anyhow now Mainly between 2nd and 3rd will flare sometimes in city driving. No issues (At least for now) at WOT. When it Flares it will run a bit warmer than previously. Possibly a little Flaring between 1-2 and 3-4th. No Flaring with previous Tune and it ran bit cooler.
    Any Good Info and Intel I can pass on to my Mi Tuner?
    Would be Much Appropriated

Thanks Guys
    Last edited by Leo3; 01-17-2023 at 06:58 PM.

Tuner
    Hello Leo3,

Trans tune is much more than raise shift rpms or raise pressure on shifts.
    If all the pieces are not blended correct together, ZF8 will "send you a bill" later - which apparently is what is happening now.

I suggest get rid of flare as soon as you can, otherwise, your shift elements will be burned out.

In case you are interested, I do offer specialized support on ZF 8HP family.

Thanks.
    Dodge Boy
    https://www.youtube.com/@dodgeboy2785

Potential Tuner
    Thanks DodgeBoy. Yes, I want to get this resolved ASAP.
    I would Truly Appreciate any Feedback from others who are very familiar with the ZF8 HP70 Transmission.
    Again, the Transmission is now Flaring some between mainly 2nd-3rd. (May also be a bit of Flaring between 1st-2nd and 3rd-4th)
    Should my Tuner be looking into adjusting Shift Timing, Torque Management or Both?
    The Jeep is now at the Shop.
    I would Truly Appreciate some feedback Guys!
    Thanks Much
    Last edited by Leo3; 01-17-2023 at 06:56 PM.