Thread: 3.5 boost control

3.5 boost control

When I do a pull on the highway the boost will creep up higher than I would like it to. I have tried reducing driver demand in the 5000+ rpm range and it still is higher than I would like. It seems to settle at 220 KPA and creep up higher after the shift. Lower speeds are not an issue, boost seems to stay steady. I am trying to get the boost around 210 KPA. This is a E25 tune mixed with 87 on 2018 F150 3.5 that I use in the winter. On the E40+93 summer tune with higher driver demand it will settle at 235 KPA and creep up to 265 KPA at higher speeds. On this tune I just reduced the driver demand and adjusted the stoich AFR for ethanol content.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Hello sir,
    Higher loads that you get in higher gears could sometimes cause higher boost numbers. Another is tq management dropping timing during a shift can cause a boost spike. Your currently tracking too many pids/channels to tell what is going on. My advice it to choose your limiter or controller that you wish the truck to follow. Right now your not being limited by anything it appears. So nothing is keeping the boost from increasing. If the turbo can flow it, the truck will try to do it. Try these channels and make another data log.
    Swiper Channels2.Channels.Channels.xml

I put all the LSPI values back to stock and it did what I wanted. I am seeing 195 kpa at first then at 4500 rpm dropping off to 180 kpa and the throttle stays open the entire time. Just adding back 10% at a time until I get the results I am looking for.

Tuner in Training
    What is that in psi. should only make 2 -5 lbs of boost driving normal to the road.