Thread: 2011 Charger camshaft timing help

2011 Charger camshaft timing help

Hi!

First of all, I did find several similar posts, but still confused!

I'm attempting to tune a 2011 Dodge Charger 5.7L that has had a Comp Cams Phaser Limiter Kit #5761 installed as well as a Comp Cams 201-303-17 camshaft.

Using HP Tuners, I disabled the MDS I am having problems figuring out how to properly set up the numbers to properly control the cam timing. I did try no adjustment as well as a couple different settings and the car barely starts, runs like crap and dies unless I force it to keep running with the throttle, plus numerous codes set.

Not sure if it is gonna be something that will tune out or if the shop that installed the cam made a boo boo?

Any advice would be appreciated. (And I am not apposed to paying someone for some help!)

Search around for comp stage 2 cam, there’s a few threads dealing with that cam and tsp stage 3 , both cams are close in duration….. read,read,read again. You’ll get a few different approaches to tuning that cam.
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Potential Tuner
    I have the same issue I have the same 2011 charger with the exact same cam and I'm having an issue getting it to idle Did you did you ever get any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bug Two View Post
    Hi!

First of all, I did find several similar posts, but still confused!

I'm attempting to tune a 2011 Dodge Charger 5.7L that has had a Comp Cams Phaser Limiter Kit #5761 installed as well as a Comp Cams 201-303-17 camshaft.

Using HP Tuners, I disabled the MDS I am having problems figuring out how to properly set up the numbers to properly control the cam timing. I did try no adjustment as well as a couple different settings and the car barely starts, runs like crap and dies unless I force it to keep running with the throttle, plus numerous codes set.

Not sure if it is gonna be something that will tune out or if the shop that installed the cam made a boo boo?

Any advice would be appreciated. (And I am not apposed to paying someone for some help!)
    Quote Originally Posted by breonbrazier1 View Post
    I have the same issue I have the same 2011 charger with the exact same cam and I'm having an issue getting it to idle Did you did you ever get any help.

please post your tune file and stock tune file... I have tuned this cam in a 5.7 and a 6.4 (both of you)

Send the tune to me and ill fix it for you.
    r dot francescone at outlook.com

Tune files attached

Thanks guys for your offers to help, I REALLY appreciate it!

I will attach the bone stock tune that I pulled out of the ECU when it first came in and one that only has the MDS disabled.

2011 Charger 5.7L - stock tune - as came in.hpt

2011 Charger 5.7L - stock tune with MDS disabled.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by calgarylsswapper View Post
    Send the tune to me and ill fix it for you.
    r dot francescone at outlook.com
    I also just e-mailed you the stock tune that I first pulled out of it before making any attempts (it's the same one I just attached in the above post reply.) Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bug Two View Post
    Thanks guys for your offers to help, I REALLY appreciate it!

I will attach the bone stock tune that I pulled out of the ECU when it first came in and one that only has the MDS disabled.

2011 Charger 5.7L - stock tune - as came in.hpt

2011 Charger 5.7L - stock tune with MDS disabled.hpt
    Are these files stock files? OR read files you got after it has been "tuned" with the new cam?

Tuner
    Try this...
    2016 Ram CCSB Forged NA 396ci Stroker
    +1.5cc Flat top Mahle Power-Pak Forged Pistons w/13.2/1 CR on E85
    Forged Manley 4.05" Stroke Crank
    Race Ported Eagles/Titanium 2.10"/Titanium 1.62" Valves
    Self-Designed Custom Grind 236/249 .629/.629 111LSA 110ICL+1Adv
    Ported Holley Hi-Ram Intake/NXpress Hi-Ram NO2 Plate kit w/250 Shot(4 sec)
    Tx Spd 2" Prim LT Headers/Active Viper Hood/2-Step Launch
    ATI SD w/15% UD/Hellcat Pump/Demon 700cc Inj
    Edge Pro Conv w/3800 stall/Det Tru-Trac/410 Gears

Quote Originally Posted by christianreid22 View Post
    Are these files stock files? OR read files you got after it has been "tuned" with the new cam?
    The top one was one I read out of the ECU. As far as I know it is a completely stock tune. Regardless, it's the tune that was in it with the stock cam anyways.

The second tune, all I did was disable the MDS by clicking just that one box. (I opted not to post any of the attempted tunes that I did)

Quote Originally Posted by Spray-Cam Hell-Ram View Post
    Try this...
    I appreciate that! And will do! Thanks!