Thread: FG XR6 TCM download

FG XR6 TCM download

Hey guys

I have a FG XR6 non turbo, that has had XR6 turbo parts fitted, and is currently in for a custom tune.
    I have a couple of issues, that I'm trying to get my head around.

I have previously had success tuning this conversion, with a complete FG turbo accessory swap (complete turbo, wiring, and ecu)
    This one still has non turbo engine, non turbo wiring and ECU. It has FG turbo, manifolds, regulator, 2bar map, injectors etc.

I have two issues.

1 - Car has a 6 speed auto, it flares on shifts. I'm unable to download the TCM file.
    HP tuners does not even recognize the TCM when gathering info?
    Have also tried to check TCM with two scan tools, both are unable to find TCM.
    The only DTC code I have is P1000 OBD systems readiness not complete.
    ECU file does state that the vehicle is auto though?

2 - If I put in the correct 2 bar MAP characteristics, the vehicle won't run. have used Turbo file tables and axis, but would need to really screw the speed density table to get close.
    With the ignition on, the scanner reads 100kpa, so I know the data is correct. With the 1 bar MAP data, it reads 40kpa with the ignition on, but the engine runs????????
    Fuel pressure is at 58kpa, have used turbo and non turbo injector data.

Really scratching my head with this one? any help would be appreciated. I'm sure I'm probably looking over something simple.

Thanks in advance

pretty sure u need the turbo ecu man

Quote Originally Posted by Eperformance View Post
    Hey guys

I have a FG XR6 non turbo, that has had XR6 turbo parts fitted, and is currently in for a custom tune.
    I have a couple of issues, that I'm trying to get my head around.

I have previously had success tuning this conversion, with a complete FG turbo accessory swap (complete turbo, wiring, and ecu)
    This one still has non turbo engine, non turbo wiring and ECU. It has FG turbo, manifolds, regulator, 2bar map, injectors etc.

I have two issues.

1 - Car has a 6 speed auto, it flares on shifts. I'm unable to download the TCM file.
    HP tuners does not even recognize the TCM when gathering info?
    Have also tried to check TCM with two scan tools, both are unable to find TCM.
    The only DTC code I have is P1000 OBD systems readiness not complete.
    ECU file does state that the vehicle is auto though?

2 - If I put in the correct 2 bar MAP characteristics, the vehicle won't run. have used Turbo file tables and axis, but would need to really screw the speed density table to get close.
    With the ignition on, the scanner reads 100kpa, so I know the data is correct. With the 1 bar MAP data, it reads 40kpa with the ignition on, but the engine runs????????
    Fuel pressure is at 58kpa, have used turbo and non turbo injector data.

Really scratching my head with this one? any help would be appreciated. I'm sure I'm probably looking over something simple.

Thanks in advance