Thread: 6.4 scat E85

Advanced Tuner

6.4 scat E85

Lemme preface this by saying i havent even began to study the fueling part of this tuning fiasco. Started on the trans side because I saw some stuff on the diablo logs that did not look right. Getting that sorted. I have wanted to switch this car over to E85. I'm fortunate to live near a bunch of richie rich's and their turned up German and Italian turbo cars need consistent high octane fuel. Living where its never colder than 50 deg the E85 consistently tests high. I got some oem 808 red eye injectors from a guy. Supposedly 66 gal per hour at 60 psi. That all I know about them. I read my stockers flow 34 at 60 psi and the cars dead head system is regulated to 58 psi. E takes nearly an additional 40% mass so they should be just larger than i needed.

Question - Do i need to send the injectors out and get them flowed so i have data or ???? Whats the best way to do this?

Like i said i am completely ignorant with the fueling side of the tune. Never put bigger electronic injectors in anything before. If they need to be sent out where do you recommend i send them??
    [email protected]

don tanklage

Question - Do i need to send the injectors out and get them flowed so i have data or ???? Whats the best way to do this?

Personally , I think it's always a good idea when using "preowned" injectors to send them out, that way you know what you have and have a starting point, none of that copy & paste from one Tune file to another guessing if it's right.
    Buying from FCA , in theory they should be close.......They never are.

FIC ,Peformanceinjectorservice(.com) CPR Racing they all can get it done, usually 1 week turnaround , and it's worth the piece of mind(yes Piece ,not Peace not in the mode for the grammar police this week).

My opinion , if you are going to go the E85 Route , set the system up for return, and get alum rails, E85 is less tolerant to heat soak.
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Advanced Tuner
    Ok thank you

I bought some used fore rails and a bunch of fittings and was planning on building a return system

Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    Lemme preface this by saying i havent even began to study the fueling part of this tuning fiasco. Started on the trans side because I saw some stuff on the diablo logs that did not look right. Getting that sorted. I have wanted to switch this car over to E85. I'm fortunate to live near a bunch of richie rich's and their turned up German and Italian turbo cars need consistent high octane fuel. Living where its never colder than 50 deg the E85 consistently tests high. I got some oem 808 red eye injectors from a guy. Supposedly 66 gal per hour at 60 psi. That all I know about them. I read my stockers flow 34 at 60 psi and the cars dead head system is regulated to 58 psi. E takes nearly an additional 40% mass so they should be just larger than i needed.

Like i said i am completely ignorant with the fueling side of the tune. Never put bigger electronic injectors in anything before. If they need to be sent out where do you recommend i send them??
    As PurpleRam said get then flowed.
    I look at more tunes that run like $hit because some tuner has played with the injector charastics to compensate for a bad tune. When you get the right injectore info in and start tuning properly, magically all the driveability problem disappear.

Rick

There is a few threads on here that work to scale injectors. Have you tried searching the forums/repository for a factory redeye to get ahold of the injector data in those files?

here you go, these are from a Demon that is getting upgraded today with a 354 Drag pak build , the start up tune is being written today , soooo We'll not be needed these small quantity values ....LOL you would not believe the amount of fuel these Drag pak 354s suck down in a single run.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

These are the #s we are starting with for this 354DP ................These are some fat a$$ injectors #s to start with. (do not try this at home boys and girls)

Advanced Tuner
    I have been looking/reading yes. Still hav no idea where this repository is?
    [email protected]

don tanklage

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rays04gtx View Post
    These are the #s we are starting with for this 354DP ................These are some fat a$$ injectors #s to start with. (do not try this at home boys and girls)
    I have a 2019 stock red eye pcm that i read but thank you very much

I still have no idea how to use em or how to switch em when i switch to e85 but ill keep reading and searching thx
    Last edited by LilSick; 01-24-2023 at 03:08 PM.
    [email protected]

don tanklage

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rays04gtx View Post
    How do you change the scale? Older version of the software? CMR maybe?
    [email protected]

don tanklage

Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    How do you change the scale? Older version of the software? CMR maybe?

click where is say "injector Pulse width (MS) , Circled in red , then you can edit.

any time time you see a Row axis or Colum Axis that is underlined , you can change the values.

Advanced Tuner
    thank you. i forgotten that. this is what happens when one waits til they're 105 to start playing with computers. smoked outta the game. swear

what do you do about the offsets? i know you can change the scale but its totally different:

this is why i send em out n get em flowed?
    Last edited by LilSick; 01-25-2023 at 02:25 AM.
    [email protected]

don tanklage

Advanced Tuner
    Greg at calibrated solutions response to that ^^^ question was:

"Chrysler changed the vertical axis breakpoints for the "Inj PW Offset" table between the naturally aspirated engines and Hellcat family. The older NA engines use manifold vacuum 0-100kPa, but don't change offset at all versus pressure. The newer Hellcat model is actually based on injector delta-pressure, where 400kPa represents the "normal" operating condition. They also (correctly) adjust offset for this pressure change."

Which is great, but still doesnt explain how i am gonna make these injectors, and this fuel, work in a n/a 392

Is anyone down to try to help me understand?

HTP has made it easy to add a wide band to my logs but the tune is gonna have to be close before i install it and on messenger that same company is telling me now that they do not supply offset data
    [email protected]

don tanklage

Advanced Tuner
    Found someone that does (supply offset data) but still not sure how this is gonna work. Scat fuel system makes what... roughly 40 psi? RE makes 60? 65? Am i going to need to change the regulator in the passenger side of the tank?
    [email protected]

don tanklage