Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: 6.4 scat E85

  1. #1

    6.4 scat E85

    Lemme preface this by saying i havent even began to study the fueling part of this tuning fiasco. Started on the trans side because I saw some stuff on the diablo logs that did not look right. Getting that sorted. I have wanted to switch this car over to E85. I'm fortunate to live near a bunch of richie rich's and their turned up German and Italian turbo cars need consistent high octane fuel. Living where its never colder than 50 deg the E85 consistently tests high. I got some oem 808 red eye injectors from a guy. Supposedly 66 gal per hour at 60 psi. That all I know about them. I read my stockers flow 34 at 60 psi and the cars dead head system is regulated to 58 psi. E takes nearly an additional 40% mass so they should be just larger than i needed.

    Question - Do i need to send the injectors out and get them flowed so i have data or ???? Whats the best way to do this?

    Like i said i am completely ignorant with the fueling side of the tune. Never put bigger electronic injectors in anything before. If they need to be sent out where do you recommend i send them??
    6.82 @ 203 mph

  2. #2
    Advanced Tuner PurpleRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Quakertown PA
    Posts
    224
    Question - Do i need to send the injectors out and get them flowed so i have data or ???? Whats the best way to do this?

    Personally , I think it's always a good idea when using "preowned" injectors to send them out, that way you know what you have and have a starting point, none of that copy & paste from one Tune file to another guessing if it's right.
    Buying from FCA , in theory they should be close.......They never are.

    FIC ,Peformanceinjectorservice(.com) CPR Racing they all can get it done, usually 1 week turnaround , and it's worth the piece of mind(yes Piece ,not Peace not in the mode for the grammar police this week).

    My opinion , if you are going to go the E85 Route , set the system up for return, and get alum rails, E85 is less tolerant to heat soak.
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

  3. #3
    Ok thank you

    I bought some used fore rails and a bunch of fittings and was planning on building a return system

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    Lemme preface this by saying i havent even began to study the fueling part of this tuning fiasco. Started on the trans side because I saw some stuff on the diablo logs that did not look right. Getting that sorted. I have wanted to switch this car over to E85. I'm fortunate to live near a bunch of richie rich's and their turned up German and Italian turbo cars need consistent high octane fuel. Living where its never colder than 50 deg the E85 consistently tests high. I got some oem 808 red eye injectors from a guy. Supposedly 66 gal per hour at 60 psi. That all I know about them. I read my stockers flow 34 at 60 psi and the cars dead head system is regulated to 58 psi. E takes nearly an additional 40% mass so they should be just larger than i needed.

    Question - Do i need to send the injectors out and get them flowed so i have data or ???? Whats the best way to do this?

    Like i said i am completely ignorant with the fueling side of the tune. Never put bigger electronic injectors in anything before. If they need to be sent out where do you recommend i send them??
    As PurpleRam said get then flowed.
    I look at more tunes that run like $hit because some tuner has played with the injector charastics to compensate for a bad tune. When you get the right injectore info in and start tuning properly, magically all the driveability problem disappear.

    Rick

  5. #5
    There is a few threads on here that work to scale injectors. Have you tried searching the forums/repository for a factory redeye to get ahold of the injector data in those files?

  6. #6
    Advanced Tuner rays04gtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Allentown PA
    Posts
    242
    here you go, these are from a Demon that is getting upgraded today with a 354 Drag pak build , the start up tune is being written today , soooo We'll not be needed these small quantity values ....LOL you would not believe the amount of fuel these Drag pak 354s suck down in a single run.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.90@152 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.60s @ 120s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

  7. #7
    Advanced Tuner rays04gtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Allentown PA
    Posts
    242
    These are the #s we are starting with for this 354DP ................These are some fat a$$ injectors #s to start with. (do not try this at home boys and girls)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.90@152 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.60s @ 120s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

  8. #8
    I have been looking/reading yes. Still hav no idea where this repository is?
    6.82 @ 203 mph

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rays04gtx View Post
    These are the #s we are starting with for this 354DP ................These are some fat a$$ injectors #s to start with. (do not try this at home boys and girls)
    I have a 2019 stock red eye pcm that i read but thank you very much

    I still have no idea how to use em or how to switch em when i switch to e85 but ill keep reading and searching thx
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LilSick; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:08 PM.
    6.82 @ 203 mph

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by rays04gtx View Post
    These are the #s we are starting with for this 354DP ................These are some fat a$$ injectors #s to start with. (do not try this at home boys and girls)
    How do you change the scale? Older version of the software? CMR maybe?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    6.82 @ 203 mph

  11. #11
    Advanced Tuner rays04gtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Allentown PA
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    How do you change the scale? Older version of the software? CMR maybe?

    click where is say "injector Pulse width (MS) , Circled in red , then you can edit.





    any time time you see a Row axis or Colum Axis that is underlined , you can change the values.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.90@152 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.60s @ 120s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

  12. #12
    thank you. i forgotten that. this is what happens when one waits til they're 105 to start playing with computers. smoked outta the game. swear

    what do you do about the offsets? i know you can change the scale but its totally different:

    this is why i send em out n get em flowed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LilSick; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:25 AM.
    6.82 @ 203 mph

  13. #13
    Greg at calibrated solutions response to that ^^^ question was:

    "Chrysler changed the vertical axis breakpoints for the "Inj PW Offset" table between the naturally aspirated engines and Hellcat family. The older NA engines use manifold vacuum 0-100kPa, but don't change offset at all versus pressure. The newer Hellcat model is actually based on injector delta-pressure, where 400kPa represents the "normal" operating condition. They also (correctly) adjust offset for this pressure change."

    Which is great, but still doesnt explain how i am gonna make these injectors, and this fuel, work in a n/a 392

    Is anyone down to try to help me understand?

    HTP has made it easy to add a wide band to my logs but the tune is gonna have to be close before i install it and on messenger that same company is telling me now that they do not supply offset data
    6.82 @ 203 mph

  14. #14
    Found someone that does (supply offset data) but still not sure how this is gonna work. Scat fuel system makes what... roughly 40 psi? RE makes 60? 65? Am i going to need to change the regulator in the passenger side of the tank?
    6.82 @ 203 mph