Thread: Dodge RAM 6.7D 2020 Cummins CM2450B IS IT POSSIBLE hpt file to - off SCR DPF ?

Potential Tuner

Dodge RAM 6.7D 2020 Cummins CM2450B IS IT POSSIBLE hpt file to - off SCR DPF ?

Hi guys
    i HaVE
    Dodge RAM 6.7D 2020 Cummins CM2450B IS IT POSSIBLE hpt file to - off SCR DPF ?
    Dodge RAM 6.7Diesel CM2450B 2019 (3958748).hpt

Banned

Potential Tuner moparblood@gmail.com's Avatar
    this really should be on our end. who's to say that I'm not using my truck for offroad competition.?? with hp tuners you cannot REALLY tune the engine. too many parameters left out.

Banned
    Using a truck for off-road competition is irrelevant, if the engine comes from the factory with emissions equipment, law states it cannot be removed, tampered or otherwise, essentially you need buy a crate engine that comes without any of that stuff and have a controller that doesn?t have any of that stuff in it to get around it.

HPT would be held legally liable and be sued by the EPA and likely CARB as well for provided open to use by anyone means to defeat emissions devices.

Banned
    i have a file that may work for you. pm me.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Using a truck for off-road competition is irrelevant, if the engine comes from the factory with emissions equipment, law states it cannot be removed, tampered or otherwise, essentially you need buy a crate engine that comes without any of that stuff and have a controller that doesn?t have any of that stuff in it to get around it.

HPT would be held legally liable and be sued by the EPA and likely CARB as well for provided open to use by anyone means to defeat emissions devices.
    Gasoline engines can be emissions deleted through HPT...

Banned
    Don?t know a single thing about gasoline engines on HPT. Show me where on HPT emissions off settings for a diesel engine, like what EFILive has before they stopped putting them in the software. I?m not talking about user defined parameters that requires the know how or reading an ecm that doesn?t have tuning lock enabled and has an emissions delete tune in it. I mean selectable egr off, dpf off, SCR off options the engineers put into the software.

Banned
    you can still do emissions off with efilive.. you just have to delete the file out of the program 86x folder under tune.opt the file thats labeled EPAGeoID needs to be deleted.

Banned
    Or you can just change your computers region to not USA to have the LML emissions settings appear in EFILive. The Cummins does NOT have emissions parameters available after 2009 model year in EFILive, period. 🙄

Banned
    At least with EFILive you can convert from bin to ctz and ctz to bin and not have to pay for it.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerstrokecustoms View Post
    you can still do emissions off with efilive.. you just have to delete the file out of the program 86x folder under tune.opt the file thats labeled EPAGeoID needs to be deleted.
    where in the 86x folder is tune.opt? i looked for a hour today and must not be looking in the right spot

Banned
    Are you using the new tuning software or are you using 7.5??