Thread: 2020 6.7l ECM read and flash issues

Potential Tuner

2020 6.7l ECM read and flash issues

I just received a upgraded ECM for a 2020 F250 I am working on, installed the ECM, truck starts and runs fine. I went to read the stock file to save before flashing, it will only auto populate the TCM, I have to choose the ECM in the listing. When I click read, it will get to the point it wants me to shut the key off for 3 seconds then back on, when i power back up and click "OK" it fails the read.

So, I tried to just flash the modified file and when it comes to licensing, I have 4 available credits and it will list the ECM controller description but instead of being able to select a licensing option it just has "Do Not". Does this sound like an issue with the ECM itself not being correctly modified?

I am using the latest Beta software and also a MPVI3 with the firmware updated the current.

Thanks

Banned
    what firmware are you using? Where did you get the modified file? If the modified file is something you bought from someone, it probably has a different Vin to it. so in that case you have license the truck, then you have to license the tune.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerstrokecustoms View Post
    what firmware are you using? Where did you get the modified file? If the modified file is something you bought from someone, it probably has a different Vin to it. so in that case you have license the truck, then you have to license the tune.
    Thats the issue when I am prompted to the screen where you normally can choose to license it doesnt give the option to. this is all it says.unnamed.jpgunnamed.jpg

Banned
    so its asking you to license the tune. its gunna cost you 4 credits to license the tune, 4 credits to license the vin.