Thread: 2017 Ford Escape 2.0L Speed stuck at 115mph limit

Potential Tuner

Angry 2017 Ford Escape 2.0L Speed stuck at 115mph limit

I have done a lot of this to get the stock 115mph limit off the car, including raising the limit on the speedo value all the way to 186 and the maximum speed table to 600mph and also 186mph, but it still stops harshly at 115mph, which means I know it can go more. What I see is Limit By Airflow, VSS Limit ETC, Maximum Speed Table. Is there anything I can do to raise the limit, as I want to take it on track and drag strip? Thanks!!
    2017 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0L 4WD

Advanced Tuner
    Don't have any hands on experience with the Escape, but looking though the tune, I don't see anything obvious other than what you've already tried.
    My suggestion, unless someone else chimes in, would be to set those limits to whatever you want it to be, then do a "Write Entire"... Shouldn't have to, but those limits *might* be outside the flash zone that just the calibration covers.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you very much, I will try this when I can and get back. Still open to other info too.

Advanced Tuner
    I wonder if this is an rpm limit inside the transmission. There are setting for that I believe.

Advanced Tuner
    I thought the same, but the OSS limit is as high as other factory cals that have a 150MPH limit.

Edit:
    Or rather I should say, the OSS limit in the 2017 Explorer tune that I have is like that, not to say that OP's tune is the same...

Blinkydog, maybe post up your tune?
    Last edited by Seishuku; 01-21-2023 at 11:49 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Here is the stock tune on top and the one I currently run on the bottom

Stock Real.hpt

2.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, don't really see anything else other than the obvious to change for VSS limit.

If doing a full write doesn't do the trick, something else you can try is setting Vehicle Speed Limit torque ratio to 0 in "Fuel Cut Torque Ratio vs. Requestor" (ECM 44775), see if that does the trick. I don't think there are any other areas that can pull torque for speed limit.
    Doing that *should* just disable vehicle speed limiting all together.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the help, but no luck on the speed limiter. Still stops hard at 115mph. If anyone else has any ideas please let me know.

Advanced Tuner
    cant see your tune its locked in a remote tune network