Thread: 13 F150 3.5 Dropping Rail

Tuner in Training

13 F150 3.5 Dropping Rail

I'm chasing this thing dropping the rail pressure at WOT, new 400 Walboro in the tank, ( stock pump did it to ), Also drilled the bucket with a few holes to replenish the reservoir, new HPFP, New Injectors. This is all with a new engine, turbos, new trans etc. I can go 60-80 tps and make 18 psi of boost and not drop rail, soon as I tip to WOT making the same amount of boost etc I drop rail. Attached is my file and a quick log with a couple WOT pulls and then at the end a 60-70tps pull where it maintains rail. Next step I'm going to install a low pressure fuel pressure guage and see if the low side is the culprit but I'm wondering if i've messed something up in this file.

WOT-V3-2ND.hpl
    Read-Not-Stock-v7-eco.hpt
    2013-F150-3.5Eco.Layout.xml
    2014-3.5-Ecoboost.Channels.xml

Advanced Tuner
    Probably need to log less channels to increase the resolution on the specific channels you wan to see. In this case fuel pressures. I don't see what your seeing in here.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by reubone View Post
    Probably need to log less channels to increase the resolution on the specific channels you wan to see. In this case fuel pressures. I don't see what your seeing in here.
    Good morning - I have a 2014 Ford SHO - the SHO had a recall in 2013 for pump relays that were defective. HOWEVER people like me with a 2014 had inconsistent issues. I have not performed many upgrades - for example I ran stock and have a FORScan and ELM and had used it with my Android phone to watch my cars performance - temperatures etc. Many peeps on different forums have complained about low pressure issues around the years of our vehicles. I just paid to replace my FP relay - in the Taurus its in the back seats passenger side behind the fabric. Simple rip ad replace. That said - I have noticed an average of 10-20+ PSI more depending on demand at the fuel rail.

I keep my old one in my trunk for emergencies - it is simple enough to swap and a a push button start when the relay goes bad lights up the dash white - no response - almost like a dead/dying battery.

It might be cheaper to replace as vs chasing a ghost. Just my two cents - Kryptto
    Last edited by kryptto; 01-25-2023 at 08:25 AM.

Tuner in Training
    If your trying to run E85 you need a better fuel pump on the 3.5 to a Raptor fuel pump.