Thread: ERM Performance Book

Tuner in Training

ERM Performance Book

Wanted to take the time to write a review for the ERM Performance book. I have read a few books by different authors and they all include a little information or tip that the next one does not. None of them really cover setting up the scanner though. The ERM Performance book does cover the scanner use and set up very well. Had I read this book when starting out I would have saved a ton of time trying to set up the scanner properly using filters for street tuning and not been chasing my tail on trying to dial in my tune. The book also covers every other aspect needed to get started tuning and then some. For anyone starting out I highly recommend starting with this book. For me even just the scanner section is worth its weight in gold.

Really? I'm almost finished with it and honestly haven't understood ~80% of what I've read. It's like it didn't start at the beginning and assumed I already knew what was going on. I started reading it before I'd even plugged the hpt into the car, though, so I'm a complete newb. So far, I've learned more from youtube videos, just to get it to idle enough to drive across town.

Tuner in Training
    I have also read The Ultimate GM EFI tuning guide by LaSota Racing and it kinda lays it out step by step if that is more what your looking for. What is it that your tuning?
    Last edited by matt87; 03-20-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Senior Tuner
    I have The Tuning School, LaSota, and ERM GM Courses. ERM is not as simple of a guide but it teaches you what is actually going on. The Tuning School lays out step by step things to change but doesn't teach you nearly as much about the reason. The ERM Guide does have some holes because of not telling specifics for how to set certain things but the knowledge contained is worth the money. Knowledge taken from the ERM Guide can be applied to tuning anything and not just GM.

I definitely think it's useful information, just not so much at my stage. Later, when I figured out the basics, I'm sure a lot of what he teaches will click. And compared to the tuning school, you can't beat the price. I've bought college books that were 4 times the cost and I understand that education isn't easy nor inexpensive. 😂😭

Tuner in Training
    I know this is an old thread and he has long past, but it's this book still available anywhere? Im still learning tuning and I would like to get it

Quote Originally Posted by Shortbed454 View Post
    I know this is an old thread and he has long past, but it's this book still available anywhere? Im still learning tuning and I would like to get it
    The rights were sold to https://www.throttleupindustries.com/
    They sell a downloadable version