Thread: Stock LSJ a/f rations...?

Tuner

Stock LSJ a/f rations...?

Hey guys,
    well, finally sold cavy and got my 05 SS insured and on the road. As for as engine performance goes, its all stock right now. Want to get the feel of the car before all the parts/ex. etc go on. I installed my PLX m300 wideband 02 gauge and sensoer, and so far my WOT a/f ratios haven't dropped lower then 13s even at WOT? weird? I had the gauge/sensor on cavy for about 8months, so the sensor should be fine. Will replace, but was curious to what other get for their a/f ratios from their stock lsjs'.

Thanks!
    Nate

Tuner
    I'm not sure about what it is stock but most people that tune them aim for somewhere around 11.8 - 12.0. It's because it's supercharged it had to run a bit richer.

Advanced Tuner
    Yea the stock Afr was pretty lean for WOT, I noticed huge gains (huge being gave a considerable advantage over the others) on 3 cars just by changing the WOT to 11.8 with the wideband, also raise the enrich rate to max. That should add some more reliablility to your lsj also. Better to run rich then lean, especially if you plan on racing and raising the rpms.
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon

Tuner in Training
    So by making the enrichment rate 2.0 (max value) instead of the stock 0.0200?? Is that what you mean?

Advanced Tuner
    No Enrich rate is basically how quickly the ecu changes the injector flow for PE. Your PE fueling table is what sets the fuel AFR in PE. I think stock it's 1.1 or something I can't remember and to lazy to look up, but in my area running commanded of 11.1 is 11.8 W/b, doesn't mean it's same in your area, so I'd double check, but richer is better then leaner, even if you have to clean all the carbon out at somepoint
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon