Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeep tuning master thread

Tuner in Training
    well hopefully I didn't just waste $50 on a credit for this, but I am having an issue writing a tune to my Jeep ECM, it gets past the radio warning, ign off, ign on, then when it gets to the point of erasing it says that it aborted, and write failed or something like that.

according to the vehicle compatibility list the 97-04 wrangler 4.0 is supported by the MPVI3 or at least that is what I am led to believe since there is not a (2) after the vehicle type.

any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon-0 View Post
    well hopefully I didn't just waste $50 on a credit for this, but I am having an issue writing a tune to my Jeep ECM, it gets past the radio warning, ign off, ign on, then when it gets to the point of erasing it says that it aborted, and write failed or something like that.

according to the vehicle compatibility list the 97-04 wrangler 4.0 is supported by the MPVI3 or at least that is what I am led to believe since there is not a (2) after the vehicle type.

any ideas?
    I kind of gave up on my jeep. Just figured my CEL and poor tuning from Chrysler is just a forever thing on these Jeeps. LoL. I get the same message. I was thinking about sending in my mpvi2 to upgrade to the mpvi3, so I might be able to tune my jeep, but it looks like the mpvi3 doesn't work either.

Tuner in Training
    it finally worked for me using the beta software to write the tune.
    reading the tune works fine in the regular software.

question: for timing, there are 3 tables, "main spark (egr off)", "main spark (egr on)", and "warm spark".
    I would assume that warm spark was the table to use, but the values to "enable" it make no sense.

warmsparkthresholds.png

looking at the values, warm spark will be used between 8c and 40c, then turn off until 90c ?
    is this right?

also, while datalogging, is there any way to tell which table the ECU is using?

Potential Tuner
    Great thread. I have a supercharged 2005 Jeep Rubicon. I am told and believe its running lean. Just bought a MPVI3 and am starting to do some logging. I have an exhaust leak that I am fixing with a banks header which I am having drilled and welded for a wideband sensor. Not planning on doing any tuning until I get the new header on and have plenty of logging time on it. Just wanted to say hi, and share my experiences here in the journey so it might help others. The jeep runs well, but I am sure there is plenty of room for improvement now that there is a tuner that supports my jeep. On recommendation in another post, I bought the Engine Management Advanced Tuning book by Greg Banish. I was happy to find it had a pretty good section in there on superchargers and turbos. Trying to get up to speed (pun intended) on all this so I am not asking stupid questions.