Thread: Beyond frustrated... MVPI and Windows 11

Angry Beyond frustrated... MVPI and Windows 11

First, I try to get my MVPI working on Windows 7. Lots of fun upgrading my older laptop, working around getting .NET 4.8 installed only to have VCM editor crash opening my stock tune file... (opens fine on my desktop)(1+ day wasted)

So I figure, might as well go pick up a cheap new laptop to replace my dinosaur. Well guess what, now I read Windows 11 and MVPI isn't supported and never will be... ugh. Can't even buy a new laptop without Windows 11. And I either have to get another laptop or "upgrade" to MVPI2 (is that free? Because there's really nothing new I need from it).

I get what a pain it is to support multiple pieces of hardware, on varying computers/OSes. But yikes. This hairball takes the cake.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, Orange Blast Metallic, Rotofab CAI. Headers coming soon. Stock Tune for now
    Previous Rides: 2008 G8 GT, 2004 GTO, 2004 GTP, 2002 TA

Ok well I have it working on Win 11, with my MVPI pro. It will connect, scan, read DTC. On the editor though it won't read my stock calibration from the vehicle, however, did something change with VCM Editor that you can't read a file you don't have a license for? The vehicle I am trying to read I don't have licensed yet, and it tells me invalide Application Key...
    2017 Chevrolet SS, Orange Blast Metallic, Rotofab CAI. Headers coming soon. Stock Tune for now

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Unfortunately MPVI1 is not compatible with windows 11 so we cannot troubleshoot issues you might be having.

With that said invalid app key suggests you are either not using a valid app key OR there is an issue with the USB connection ie usb cable or ports on the MPVI device itself or the laptop you are connecting to(likely not the issue if your laptop is new).
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuning Addict
    To clarify a little on what Bill said. The application key part is normal when installing vcm on a different computer - to correct you need to go to hpt's website. If you haven't done so - set up an account - if you have an account - go to it - go to your device and scroll down - this is where your application key is located - highlight and copy - open editor - click on help tab - application key - paste into here

That should get you up and going hopefully. I'm still using windows 7, but I can see not being able to load software could cause problems.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Try looking at Dell refurbished laptops. They usually come with Windows 10.

VMWare is your friend. It will fix your problem

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    To clarify a little on what Bill said. The application key part is normal when installing vcm on a different computer - to correct you need to go to hpt's website. If you haven't done so - set up an account - if you have an account - go to it - go to your device and scroll down - this is where your application key is located - highlight and copy - open editor - click on help tab - application key - paste into here

That should get you up and going hopefully. I'm still using windows 7, but I can see not being able to load software could cause problems.
    Yeah, I think thats pretty normal that they would enter the app key, however one thing that I've seen over the years is that it will show the same exact error when the usb port on the MPVI1 fails and TBH is the issue 90% of the time in recent memory.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks. I am going to have to give the new laptop to the wife and take her older one....to avoid the Windows 11 thing.

Is there any upgrade path for MVPI to the newer ones? Looks like there was on the homepage? And the newer ones don't come with Credits?

That aside, I have the scanner running on Win 11 works fine. But it wouldn't read a car I didn't have a license for, previously I could read a tune for an unlicensed vehicle, but just couldn't flash it. I thought I read somewhere now that you can't read with out a license is that true?