Thread: 2015 Turbo opening throttle more than pedal requesting, why???

Tuner

2015 Turbo opening throttle more than pedal requesting, why???

Car is twin turbo running at 7-8psi for this log, turbo's spool around 3,500rpm. Car runs great at WOT making around 1,000whp at 20psi, 800whp at 11psi, but this log is 7-8psi. I run the car on a road course so part throttle in boost running is important to me, and the throttle opening when the pedal is not moving makes it very tricky to power out of turns. Inlet manifold and throttle body is GT350 and fuel is e85. I always thought my car just hit hard when the turbo's spool up, but now I see its because the throttle is opening even though the pedal is half or less.

In the log the weird throttle action can be seen at 3:34 time frame, or browse around and see other examples where at some point the throttle just runs away and goes to wide open even though the pedal isn't requesting it.

Also a minor issue at the 37.6 and 37.9 second mark with weird injector cut and engine speed limit, don't know what this is.

2015 Mustang Turbo v6.1.3.hpt
    v6.1.3.hpl
    Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 6.39.47 PM.png

Any idea what needs to be changed to stop this throttle opening so much more than pedal is requesting??

Tuner
    There's a lot going on here. IPC error was maxed out so that the car can't hit limp mode despite Engine Brake Torque being way above requested. ETC Manifold Vacuum is negative at WOT and effective area is sky high. That took some work to pull off.

Is the WOT Start/End on these actually in %? If the max value is 200 then does that mean that 100 is 50% throttle or 100% throttle? That would definitely make a difference if so.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RobCat030 View Post
    There's a lot going on here. IPC error was maxed out so that the car can't hit limp mode despite Engine Brake Torque being way above requested. ETC Manifold Vacuum is negative at WOT and effective area is sky high. That took some work to pull off.

Is the WOT Start/End on these actually in %? If the max value is 200 then does that mean that 100 is 50% throttle or 100% throttle? That would definitely make a difference if so.
    lol, I've been down so many rabbit holes with SD and Torque Tables, that recently I put everything back to stock SD values and stock torque tables. For fueling I fine tuned the aircharge multiplier in the SD section and in the torque tables I doubled the bottom row to allow for boost. As you can see IPC error is high but I'm about to give up correcting that until I understand why throttle runs away from pedal.

I think the WOT start is actually % because I can see the pedal switch from PART to WOT at 90%.

Tuner
    The torque model can be part of why the throttle runs away. Typically positive IPC error causes the throttle to close preventing over-torque, but that isn't happening here.

The negative ETC manifold vacuum is still curious. Is this someone else's tune?

It's some combination of your TQ inverse and ETC tables that is causing part throttle load to be much higher than desired. Your IPC TQ errors are off the charts because of this.