Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Surging when coming to a stop

it's 14,286 kb
    L99 A6 - DSS FX Forged Piston's, Eagle ESP L19 Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, LS9 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnion Upgrade, TSP Chrome Molly Pushrods, BTR .660 Valve Springs, GM Hollow Intake Valves, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, IR EGM-205 Oil Pan Baffle, CAI Intake, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, ZL1 Pump, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter

Advanced Tuner
    id say it may be too big then. see if you can shorten it somehow. Im not sure how to do that but you may have to log fewer channels.
    Last edited by LS ROB; 03-03-2023 at 04:41 PM.

Here's a short one from today. I adjusted the adapt spark in coast a little more and surging is just about gone now. It's still pulling timing far no reason at all except for maybe one thing that I noticed in the log. When it pulls timing for a couple seconds or so the transmission tcc slip increases negative rpm.

last log.hpl
    Camaro best tune.hpt
    L99 A6 - DSS FX Forged Piston's, Eagle ESP L19 Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, LS9 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnion Upgrade, TSP Chrome Molly Pushrods, BTR .660 Valve Springs, GM Hollow Intake Valves, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, IR EGM-205 Oil Pan Baffle, CAI Intake, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, ZL1 Pump, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter

Advanced Tuner
    Joe, i do not have any experience tuning an automatic trans, but i do know that it will pull timing during the shift. Not sure if that's what you are referring to when you say it cuts timing, but unless i missed something, everything else looked as if it was working correctly timing wise. I changed your braf to stock but then added 4g/s to the whole table. I also changed your spark to stock. I will include the file I used for reference to make those changes but the OS doesn't match so i'm not sure if that will make a difference or not. Flash it and see how she does. I couldnt view the MAF data. There was one channel that was left out. Log the "Mass Airflow Sensor" in your channels. Also, i noticed that the MAP sensor data was changed in your tune and also want to ask about the fuel injectors again. What are the part #'s on the MAP sensor and your Fuel injectors? If this info is not correct, then anything that is changed in the tune will not be optimal and will likely cause you to chase your tail.

Flash this-Camaro best tune stock spark braf.hpt

***FOR COMPARISON ONLY***DO NOT FLASH TO VEHICLE***1352265374 stock 12 camaro ls3.hpt

Not to be unappreciative but those settings would be counter intuitive to my engine because it has been dyno tuned and all the upper rpm timing is already good and those braf settings won't even allow my car to start. Anything below like 19 g/s on the braf and it won't even run. I don't know if it has something to do with my FAST LSXR 102 intake or what. But I do appreciate your help though.