Thread: TDN and tune security.

TDN and tune security.

I am getting a different response from PBD vs 5 star Tuning. PBD suggests they can tune my 2019 mustang over TDN and my MPVI 2+ and still keep there tune secure and locked without me being able to view it, but could not with my MPVI2, so I purchased the MPVI2+ last year right before the MPVI3 came out. 5 star Tuning says they will only use MPVI3 or RTD when using hp tuners now with me trying to get them to tune my 2022 F350 7.3. Is there a logical reason for this? Is PBD at risk of me being able to view the tune when using TDN and MPVI 2+ or is 5 star just not wanting deal with a different method.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Many, if not Most tunershops using TDN tend to tunerlock(scramble) their files to protect their work. That is up to the tuner, not us.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Many, if not Most tunershops using TDN tend to tunerlock(scramble) their files to protect their work. That is up to the tuner, not us.
    OK thanks, I understand tuners wanting to protect their work, just was not sure that TDN allowed them to do so. Thanks

Senior Tuner
    What are you going to do if that tuner goes out of business and you need more work done later? Or he just doesn’t do a good job?

Tuner in Training
    Go have someone else write over the file that sucks