Thread: Trans Adapt preset/ reset

Potential Tuner

Trans Adapt preset/ reset

When you go in to vcm scanner and select trans adapt reset / preset. Do you do that with key on engine off or key on engine on.
    I made a slight change to regulator offset and read that you had to reset the adapts before you drove the vehicle after you flashed the new tune.

Thank You Scott

Key on engine off is how I have done it for years.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Ok thank you for your help.
    I used your tune file that you posted here on your 2012 Silverado for reference for my 2012 Silverado 1500.
    I Did not change my engine file yet except I turned off DOD. Will probably do that in a day or two.
    Thank you for taking your time and helping us new people out.

on my 6l80 2016 model, I cant get the trans reset to work. tried everything on HPtuners it's non-functional , might have to visit a GM dealer to do this.

Weird, never had a problem with my 2016 truck.

I always found it odd that when you click the "buttons" that it really doesn't show that anything happens. Would be nice for the button to change color or show that it's been clicked in a way.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    The lights on my MPVi2 flash. KOEO and when I click these there is a couple quick flashes, a pause, and then a final flash. No other indication anything is happening though.

what temp did you activate the function? is it a really tight temp window or is 170-195 ok, i got smart and took a needle nose vice grip and pinched the rubber hose section in the cooler line and this warms the 6l80 up real fast.